“You CAN mix business with pleasure”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA
“You CAN mix business with pleasure”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed at the Chateau Elan for a business conference and decided to bring my husband and son along. The location was beautiful and the staff was very helpful (particularly Sara at the front desk). We took a tour of the winery, walked along the nature trail, and enjoyed several spa treatments. I recommend joining the "I Prefer" club for free before arrival. You'll receive free internet access and a complimentary bottle of wine.

Room Tip: By joining the
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank BFR1920

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

So relaxing, so elegant. We chose the Chateau as some friends had recommended it and we were not disappointed. We played Golf every day. There is an Executive course just outside the rooms, and 2 fantastic full courses near by. One a bit more challenging that the others, but both great fun for "part time" golfers.
There are lots of trails to walk around in, and the peaceful resort lends itslef well to getting some alone time wiht my spouse.
I spent and afternoon at the spa and it slovely setting int he woods. i would defintiely go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robmcchlery
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here while in town for the Dizzy Dean World Series. I had heard how nice the hotel was and was worried about how they would react to our family of little league fans, and they could not have been more accomodating and welcoming! Everyone on the staff asked how our team was doing and wished us luck. They made space for the team to have dinner which we had brought in - it's hard to get 20 little kids to eat at a fancy restaurant so we had brought in pizza. The rooms were incredibly comfortable with my early risers (regualrly up at 7:00) sleeping in until almost 10 thanks to black-out curtains and being tired from the pool. I would not hesitate to return there with kids or with just my husband and will gladly recommend them to anyone who asks!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MicheleBinAtlanta
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My husband & I spent our anniversary here & had a wonderful time. Things were very lively during the day & early evening. A couple of weddings were taking place. We enjoyed walking the nature trails (wear tennis shoes) & the pool area was nice. The night life there was more enjoyable. We had dinner at Paddy's Irish Pub and had great food with wonderful service. We had a drink @ L'Auberge & listened to live music. Outside Paddy's was a great band until 11:30. We danced & had a fabulous time. Our room was very nice with the most comfortable bed if you like fluffy pillows & comforters. Can't wait to visit Chateau Elan again. The staff was very nice. It's a little pricey but it was worth it for us!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Heymama2
Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 15, 2011

we ate at Paddys and the Shepards Pie was the worst I ever ate...I would had rather ate the flies that were buzzing all over us and our food.

The wine tasting upstairs was yummy and the tour downstairs was worth it...very clean and fun!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank beepbeep12345657
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I had our first weekend away since having kids at the Chateau Elan this past weekend. It was a beautiful weekend and we are really glad we went. Friday night we had dinner at the Café Elan (all restaurant reviews are posted separately), which was superb. We came back to a rose petal covered bed. Speaking of the room, it’s a good size with a king bed, a flat screen TV, a nice chair and ottoman for lounging, a nice big closet, and a desk with two chairs. The kind bed includes plenty of pillows including the large king size, which is a nice treat for hotels. The room also has a mini-fridge. The bathroom has a separate shower and bath for two.

The next day, we walked the nature trail. I think it must have been hit by the recent storms as there were some down trees across the path, but we were able to make it around them. Much of the trail was shaded with trees with water running nearby though most of the walk. It was worth doing, but I would avoid going during the heat of the day during the summer.

We also did the winery tour and tasting. On Saturdays, it’s $10 per person, but includes a souvenir wine glass. The tour is short, but the tour guide was knowledgeable with a sense of humor that we appreciated. The wine tasting include 5 wines (Belle 21, one I forget, the standard muscadine, the peach infused muscadine, and a port) – none of which were quite our taste. We almost walked away empty handed, but were offered an additional tasting of the muscadine wine infused with raspberry and another infused with strawberry. We liked these better and bought a bottle of each, along with some additional wine glasses. While I’m sure you could fine better wine tours and tasting, I think if you’re in Georgia this one is worth going to in order to experience a Georgia winery.

On Sunday, we had a couple’s package at the spa on the premises. The women’s and men’s locker rooms are rather large and have every possible convenience you could think of. The couple’s room is on the third floor. The foot bath, body scrub, massage, and bath were all very luxurious. The staff was helpful and professional throughout. I’d recommend the spa to anyone.

Oh and as an honorable mention the hotel’s coffee down in the Versailles Room is best I have had in a hotel in a long time. I always think hotel coffee tastes burnt, but their coffee was really good.

I don’t know if we would plan another vacation here, but only because we like to see new places. The Chateau Elan is beautiful and worth seeing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flannelpants
Brussels
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Staying at Chateau Elan is a great experience. Rooms are very comfortable, location is beautiful, cuisine is at very high level and wine is outstanding

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Garzagul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!