“Waffle House in Disguise”
Review of Rise N' Shine Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rise N' Shine Cafe
Cuisines: American
Tampa, Florida
“Waffle House in Disguise”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here due to the great reviews for breakfast. The menu was pretty big and the food was all fairly cheap. Only one cook and one waitress was working and we put in our order with her promptly. There was 2 families waiting for takeout orders that were put in after our order. They received their food first and we waited 30 minutes to get anything including a coffee refill (which was horrible tasting by the way). My husband had ordered the waffle with his breakfast instead of the pancakes. When the waitress brought him pancakes and he corrected her on the order, she did not act professional and seemed angry at him! It was her fault or the cooks for getting it wrong in the first place. At least at the huddle house or Waffle House, you'll get a smile with your service. We will never come back here.

Warner Robins, Georgia
“Good omelets!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I ate here with my visiting cousin about a year ago. There was another table that was occupied while we were there. The service was friendly and helpful; we had several questions about ingredients which were pleasantly answered.

The food was pretty good. I don't usually order omelets because I make them exactly to my liking at home, with fresh ingredients. And they're fun to make too! But once in a while you have to check out the competition.

My omelet had a tasty selection of veggies in it, but without overpacking them, as I tend to do at home. My side order of bacon was warm and cooked like I like it, although admittedly I do like bacon in both chewy and break-apart-crispy versions.

So my Cuz and I had a pleasant breakfast eating out, which is something I usually only do when traveling. But this was a nice local change of pace.

So if you live nearby and don't wanna do the Chik Fil-A thing, Rise N' Shine offers a nice breakfast for under 10 bucks.

• Visited July 2012