“Experience the 'real' Nepal”
Review of Homestay Nepal

Homestay Nepal
Ranked #1 of 2 Kirtipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I stayed 4 nights at Babu & Belku's homestay and it was a lovely experience. When we arrived Belku welcomed us all with a hug, a flower, and a smile that lit the room. We truly felt they were happy to have us in their home as part of their family. Our sons hit it off straight away with their son (Aayush) and they were soon riding bikes and playing cards with the village kids. Babu also acted as a guide. He showed us around his village, introducing us to his parents and showing us the traditional Nepali house where he was born. He also took us the local brick factory and a monestery and we hiked up the mountain near his house - all great ways to see how the locals really live in Nepal. We also discussed ideas for a trek and a visit to Chitwan, and Babu organised everything for us including guide (Nil - Belku's brother) and porters - who were professionial, honest, warm, friendly and lots of fun. Babu also booked our hotels with big savings on internet prices. If you have a chance to do a homestay in Nepal, I recommend staying with Babu and his family to experience how open and giving the Nepalese really are. As for the accommodation - the house has been built with guests in mind so you have privacy upstairs, while the family lives downstairs. Our typical day was to have breakfast in the kitchen, then hike around the valley with Babu. When we returned, Belku would feed us a great dinner in the kitchen, then we'd gather in the living room to chat with the family until bed time. The kids played games, and watched TV like kids all over the world. Thank you to Babu and Belku for giving us such wonderful memories.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sue w
There are newer reviews for Homestay Nepal

Reviewed January 17, 2013

It is said that you go to Nepal because of the mountains and that you come back because of the people. That couldn't be more true specially after meeting and staying in Babu's home. That was the most unique experience we ever had. We learned how is the real Nepali life because we felt part of it. As Babu said: "you are not my customers but my guests". There, you experience the Nepali culture, eat delicious food, share their conversations and see the world with different eyes. The house is in perfect conditions with big rooms that give you privacy if you need so. Bathrooms are clean with warm water (something unique in the village). Wireless internet is also available and if you want, they will clean your clothes without extra cost. They are always ready to help and to make you feel at home. Moreover, Babu is an excellent guide who will organize and arrange all activities and places to visit (including trekking) if you need it. Belku (Babu´s wife) is a lovely woman and cooks the best food in Nepal (specially Dal Bhat and Momo: ask for them!). Their son (Aayush) and daughter (Ruja) bring happiness to the house. Thanks to them we had the most exciting and amazing holidays ever. Thank you very much!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MariaRoger88
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am so glad I checked out Trip Advisor reviews before our trip to Nepal - all the 5 star reviews for Babu's Homestay were absolutely warranted. They cared for us like friends, planned our entire itinerary for us, fed us with the most delicious meals and moreover, Babu's exchange rate was the most favourable you could ever hope to get! We had developed such a strong friendship with Babu and Belku that we fought to choke back tears when leaving Nepal. We are definitely staying with them again on our next visit and we strongly recommend that you do so, too. Babu's family and partners are truly the best ambassadors of Nepal to the world.

Vincent & Cassandra Wong

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank veensenn
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Everyday day I stayed in this house I felt the culture of Nepal effected me in a way I am sure would never happen in Thamel area. The village scenery it just a step away and you have every opportunity to graph the daily life of people living with less than the rest of us. Your camera and notebook will love this home stay.

Maria,
Denmark Copenhagen

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It's amazing how i choose Babu's homestay after reading positive reviews about it. I was charmed by the house & scenic surrounding from the picture. This have got to be one of the biggest room I ever stayed. Everyday there's different guest from different countries staying in the house. The whole family are very nice & friendly. Imagine when you wake up & as you look out of the window from the bedroom, a fantastic view welcome you. Believe me, you won't regret choosing this homestay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pinkeiffel
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Babu's homestay is an experience you cannot miss when visiting Nepal. You will get the most out of it if you drop everything and just try and be a part of the family as they will welcome you with open arms!

I vividly enjoy daydreaming of my time there and the local villages we encountered on the mountainside! Drinking coffee with Nepalese elders, watching the school kids play soccer with roaring crowds, mountain edge kite flying and of course spectacular views. I shall go back for longer on my next trip to Nepal for Babu's family are truly special people. Do not miss this!!!

As a photographer- it was a dream!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank BizzyLizzyAus
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My friend Liz and I spent two days with Babu and his family in their home in Kirtipur during October 2012. From being picked up on motorbikes by Babu and his nephew we knew we were in for a fun and adventurous couple of days.
Spending the evening settling in, drinking lovely cinnamon tea and talking with Babu and his children about our travels so far, we both enjoyed just sitting after a busy couple of days. And what a backdrop to do so! The hills set behind Babu's house were magnificent. It was quiet, and very much a world away from the hustle, bustle of rickshaw's and merchants filling the Thamel streets.
Enjoying a wonderful dinner, and breakfast the following day we headed off on what was a very special day. Babu took us to visit his parents and all through the mountain villages on the way up and down, meeting local people and drinking tea with them. Not to mention the school children who were so excited to see us.
We regretted not staying longer - definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank EmSimonsen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirtipur
Summerhill House
Summerhill House
#4 of 8 in Patan (Lalitpur)
Dwarika's Hotel
#6 of 453 in Kathmandu
Nuwakot's The Famous Farm
Panauti Community Homestay
Kirtipur Hillside Hotel & Resort

Been to Homestay Nepal? Share your experiences!