“Won't be staying here again”

Comfort Inn & Suites Athens
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bogart
Tennessee
“Won't be staying here again”
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel twice. The first visit I would describe as acceptable. It was noisy, but the location was where I wanted and so I decided to stay here again. The second visit was not good at all. After I checked in, I pulled my car around to the side since there was some lawn work ongoing in front. But there were signs on all of the doors (other than the main entrance) saying that you could not enter through those doors, even with an active hotel key. So I had to park in the front anyway.

The next morning, I was awake early so I decided to go fill my car up with gas. The only way to get back into the hotel was through the main entrance, so I went that way. But that door was locked too! In fact, I couldn't even get into the lobby because the door was locked. So I decided to try later and the door was still locked. I banged on the door and eventually someone came to let me out. When I returned from getting gas, the front door was again locked and I had to wait to be let back in the hotel.

When I got to my room, I found a survey card that I intended to use to document my complaints. But there was not mailing address on the card. It said to give it to the front desk. But that is who I had the complaints with! I didn't expect the complaint would be forwarded, so I decided to rate my visit here. When I was ready to check out, I also had to wait for several minutes before someone came to the front desk to allow me to check out.

If they keep the all of the doors locked all night, to where guest can not easily come and go; it makes me wonder if there is a lot of crime in the area which is also not comforting. I also thought the breakfast was unappetizing and my window was over a pool that had newspapers, plastic bags, and other junk floating in it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
North Carolina
Reviewed May 3, 2008

The price I paid just to stay one night at this hotel was not worth the plastic my credit card number is stamped on! First of all, the hotel sits on a highway and you will be subjected to lots of noise, including tractor-trailers going by at all hours of the night. So don't expect a real good night's sleep. Also, I had the most inconsiderate and rude guests in the room next to mine who kept me awake all night. When I went to complain at the front desk they did nothing about it and would not even move me to another room when asked! I found that the staff was very inattentive and the rooms are WAY overpriced for the type of stay and service that was received. My experience was definitely below expectations. I will certainly choose another hotel when visiting the Athens area.

• Liked — Mall and plenty of restaurants nearby
  • Disliked — Service received from staff, noisy, not a good experience
  • Stayed May 2008
Roanoke, Alabama
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Had an excellent stay at the Comfort Inn in Bogart, GA, for a dance competition. The hotel is only 4.7 miles from the Classic Center, and helps you to avoid the downtown congestion. The hotel was nice, extremely clean and comfortable. I would have rated this as Excellent, except that the front desk clerk - while being nice to us - was rude to her fellow co-worker and another guest who approached the desk while we were checking in. Also - there was an issue with the hot water in our room - a fine, gritty, black substance (sand, dirt?) that came from the tub faucet and the sink faucet - that the front desk clerk politely acknowledged at check out (different clerk than at check in), but did not offer to reduce the room rate. It seemed like possibly from a charcoal filter (at least that is what I was hoping it was). The water did clear up, and it was not a problem the next morning.

• Liked — It was very clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Issue with hot water on night of check in
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Southwest Virginia
Reviewed December 17, 2007

When visiting the Athens, Georgia area, this should be your first choice. Check-in was very quick an easy and after the initial check-in the front desk staff addressed me by name which made me feel right at home. The room was spotless and smell clean and refreshing. The bathroom was larger than average for most motels, and it too was very clean. The morning newspaper outside my door was a very nice surprise. The breakfast area was very well maintained from the time it opened right up until closing and featured the standard, coffee, juice, cereal, pastries, waffles, milk and fruit. I was one of the late arrivals to breakfast and found it to be well stocked. The staff of this hotel know what customer service is about and know how to put their guest first. This is an outstanding hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — There was nothing to dislike
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SneakinDeacon
Atlanta
Reviewed October 22, 2007

We hadn't originally planned on staying here as we were trying to find something closer to UGA campus due to a wedding we were attending. However, due to 8 other weddings being in town as well as Parent's weekend, every hotel was sold out. I have to say that we were extremely pleased with the hotel. Check-in was speedy and the room was well kept. The rooms are rather plain and my only complaint is that the bathrooms don't have a fan so humidity tends to hang in the air. The continental breakfast offered is nice, but not extraordinary. This hotel is great for the value.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LJB0101
New York
Reviewed September 8, 2007

This Comfort Inn is simply fantastic, the rooms are bright, clean and very comfortable, and I must not forget to add huge! the service is excellent and people at the front desk are very friendly, overall a very very satisfying stay!

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — Pool was outdoors
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Avidtraveller88
georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Inn during their renovation. I understand that during renovation you still have to rent out rooms, however guests should only be subject to rooms that are complete. I was in a room that reaked of strong paint fumes and it wasnt even finished. There were white paint chips all over the floor and the wallpaper was half stripped off. So I called to see if I could get another room, they put me in a room that was even worse. The appliances were old and rusty and the funiture was old. Since I was there on business, I had no choice but to endure it. It was hard to sleep having to spray every 15 minutes, to avoid inhaling paint. It was a serious health hazard. The desk clerk wasnt at all sympathetic. Word to wise, keep going.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank sacred
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogart
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#14 of 23 in Athens
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens
Candlewood Suites Athens-GA
Wingate by Wyndham Athens Near Downtown
SpringHill Suites Athens

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Athens? Share your experiences!