“A nice, clean place but the suites are not quite functional.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Athens
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bogart
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The biggest fault was the lighting in the suite, not bright enough and not placed efficiently. Also, there is a couch in the suite area while the TV is placed on a chest at the foot of the bed. It was quiet at night and the breakfast bar was adequate but the exact same every morning for the six mornings we were there. Competitively priced and very friendly staff made it quite satisfactory but not excellent. Also, the entrance is a little inconvenient due to traffic patterns.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 9, 2014

the first of Nov we had to move out of our House in Winder, gA. we had a flood!!! My wife, 2 dogs and myself stayed at another hotel near hear first!! It didn't compare to the Comfort Inn...from the front desk to the laundry room and everyone in between went out of there way to make us comfortable!!!/We stayed until Christmas day eve,, 44 days. This is a pet friendly Inn, the only draw back was no place to let the dogs RUN>> I will recommend this INN to anyone that needs a place to stay in or around Athens, GA< THANKS to ALL our new friends in Bogart!! Michael in Winder!!

Room Tip: / Rm 417 has a kitchen
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This wasn't my first stay here but it was by far the best. The desk staff were exceptionally nice this time. All they way from check in to check out. Everytime you walked pass the desk you were greeted with a smile and a warm comment.

The room was very large and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and bed spread were very clean. I observed the Green
Planet Program and hung the hand towel up to be reused but they always replaced it with a clean one. They must have a top notch housekeeping dept. I couldn't find one spot that wasn't kept clean. The room was close to the lobby, elevator and vending area and I wasn't bothered with any unnesassary noise. All and all it was a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here a few years ago and we had a bad night stay. We had selected a non smoking room. We cannot not handle cigarette smoke at all. As we were walking down the hallway to find our room we could smell a heavy cigarette odor. As we walked into the hotel room there was no doubt they put us in a smoking room. My husband called the front desk and asked can we change to another room.The clerk made up some lame excuse and a lie and promised that it was a smoke free room. She said hotel was booked up and it was either stay in that room or change hotels. It was a Saturday and all the hotels were book up months in advance. It was a University of Georgia football home game. No apologies from the hotel on this mistake. We contacted corporate via e-mail and let them know how we were treated and they could care less. They have our money and its obvious that's all they care about. It should be called Discomfort Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I ALWAYS stay at this hotel when I have to go back to visit Athens, and everyone there, from the owner to the desk clerks to the housekeeping staff bend over backwards to make you as comfortable as possible. Forget your toothbrush, razor, or shaving cream? Just go to the front desk; they'll hook you right up. Get a home made cookie while you're there. Need a computer? They've got one. Bring your own? They have WiFi.

The owner, Manoj Patel, goes to great lengths to hire people who are friendly, outgoing, and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy their guests' needs. Although the information booklets in the rooms promise a "continental breakfast", they've recently hired a breakfast attendant named Becky who is, undeniably, a ray of sunshine from 6:00 to 9:30 am every day. I watch in amazement as this one woman cooks, keeps the buffet line stocked with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, danishes, yogurt, cereal and more, helps disabled guests take their breakfast to their table, checks on everybody's needs, and busses away the used plates, cups and utinsils. No joke, they should put Becky's face in the dictionary beside the word 'multitasker'.

Room Tip: They DO have handicapped accessible rooms available
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in Athens for two nights to be near family. I've stayed here before and every time is better . The location is wonderful , the staff was amazing. I'm a Diamond member so I got my late checkout I requested and also the clerk brought a welcome bag down to my room. Rooms are nice and very clean. I love the fact they have fridges and microwaves if needed. I love the location right there by the mall as well. Not sure about breakfast cause I always sleep past breakfast times. This will always be my choice when coming to Athens.

• Stayed: August 2013
choicehotels717, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your EXCELLENT review of our property! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be recommending us. We look forward to the challenge of WOWing you even more on your next trip to Athens.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The manager of this hotel has done a fantastic job of educating and instructing his staff. I felt like an honored guest. The receptionist was warm and friendly. The room was big and very clean.
And, the breakfast was excellent.

My choice for Athens, GA

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
choicehotels717, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Athens, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogart
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#4 of 23 in Athens
Candlewood Suites Athens-GA
Wingate by Wyndham Athens Near Downtown

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Athens? Share your experiences!