“The reviews are just not right”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Perimeter Inn - Athens
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bogart
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights and were dumbfounded that anyone could evaluate it as "excellent". The only thing that approached that was the nice weather we had while in Athens. This motel is worn out and the foreign -nationals that operate it are nice enough, but it appears that they never get any rest as they seem to do all of the jobs. When we go tI Athens again we will look for a different place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank 131mn

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Perimeter Inn. Because it was graduation weekend at UGA, we were not able to stay at our usual hotel, and decided to give this conveniently located Inn a try. Thank goodness we did! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean (we had three), and the price was right. Thank you to Yogesh and family - you helped make our graduation/Mother's Day celebration/reunion the best it could be, by providing a clean, comfortable, charming place to stay!

Room Tip: This is a tip to find the hotel when you're going back and forth in Athens: It's across fro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I was a bit disappointed after reading the reviews of the hotel. I will say it did have clean sheets and over all the room was clean. But it is definitely a much older hotel. On the outside you would say oh my gosh what have I done, but once inside it is not so bad. The carpet has stains and the fixtures are old. If they could just invest a little bit in the hotel I think it would pay off greatly. The staff are very friendly and my kids didn't seem to mind it at all. I just noticed it has not been throughly cleaned in some time. Behind the headboards and dressers it was dirty. If you are on a budget or you need a place to stay I would say this is a great place, but if you have the money you might want to go to a more upscale hotel. The owner really was very nice and hospitable. They are located near a Krispy Kreme which we took advantage of several times I am afraid. My 7 year old loved going to the office for the continential breakfast which is bearclaws, coffee and juice boxes. All of which thrilled him. On Sunday they had Krispy Kreme Donuts which was very nice of them to purchase for the clients. Overall it was an okay place. Certainly not the Ritz, but we were able to stay there for 2 nights comfortably.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back so that you do not hear the road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MatLet
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Good location. Simple but clean room with a comfortable bed. Working man's motel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LasloNimne
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I was stuck in athens when the big snow storm hit athens in January and the staff when out of their way to make sure everything from safety to comfort was taken care of. I'll be staying the next time I'm in athens!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Perimeter Inn in late-September. We were in town for a wedding at the Thompson House, located just a few miles down the road. The motel staff were extremely friendly and responsive, and it seems to be a family-run place. The room was very clean. We'd definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in the area!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MzunguWarrior
Reviewed June 28, 2008

This place was just what I needed after a long motorcycle ride up from Tampa. The price was right at $52.00 and the room was secure, smelled good with clean floors and linens. Bathroom was also in good condition and clean. I slept well on the bed which was not too hard as one critic said. This facility is an older structure and it could benefit from a little upgrading but it has a quaint feel and is perfect for the budget traveler who is looking for rest. I think the pool should be fixed up too since it was closed and drained when I was there.
The staff are friendly mid eastern and were very helpful with directions and road conditions.
I would recommend this place to motorcyclists who are traveling from or to Deals Gap from Florida as a cheap halfway stop along 441 or 129.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank susho
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogart
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
Comfort Inn & Suites Athens
Candlewood Suites Athens-GA
SpringHill Suites Athens
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens
Howard Johnson Inn Athens

Been to Perimeter Inn - Athens? Share your experiences!