“Nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Blue Ridge
Columbus, Ga
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a nice suite in Blue Ridge on third floor. Our suite had a Separate bedroom, 1 king in private room & 1 one queen, two televisions, nice bath with separate sink out of tub and toilet area, sofa, fridge, microwave, excellent breakfast. Nice fireplace in lobby. Excellent value.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EmilyH1969
ComfortInn_BlueRidge, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Lodge and I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast.
Please come see us again during our winter special from January through March.
Have a very happy and healthy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our stay was for 2 nights and I have to say that I was very impress. Had a great spacious king suite that was very clean. Staff was wonderful. I was hesistant due to some of the review about the "bug" problem and I reached out to the hotel prior to arriving via email. I was very surprise when I received a phone call days prior to my arrival to explain to me the "bug" situation further and that it occurs for a approx 6 weeks in the fall. I was reassured that if I had any problems to call the front desk for service. I have to say that I did not have any problem with bugs in my room or surrounding areas of the hotel. Overall I had a wonderful experience and will definently stay again there our my next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LoveMountainLife
Dear Guest:
The Lady Bug season seems to be over, they have left the area as quickly as they arrived. With the temperatures more seasonal to winter they should not be a problem until next year.
I am glad you enjoyed our Lodge. We hope to see you soon and we wish you very happy Holidays.
Georgia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night in October. We were pleasantly surprised to find a room available on a Saturday night during the foliage season on short notice. The room was very large and nicely furnished. The common area had a lovely seating area near the front desk and a second adjoining area where there was a large screen TV with comfortable seating -- great spot for watching Saturday football games. The breakfast had a good variety of foods and was kept replenished by friendly staff. Wi-fi was available and free. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The bathroom lighting could have been a little better but wasn't as bad as that in some hotels. The TV was an older, tube-type set. Our room was spotlessly clean. The hotel is located above the town of Blue Ridge. I suppose you could walk downtown, but it would be a pretty long walk and there would be a long trek up the hill to the hotel. Plan to drive your vehicle when you go out for dinner!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive comments about our Lodge and our staff. You will be happy to hear we are in the process of upgrading our televisions in all guest rooms and some of our rooms already have the flat screen televions.
We wish you a great Holiday Season.
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at The Blue Ridge Lodge by Comfort Inn & Suites last month. I was in town on business and ended up having to stay over. They were fully booked (turning people away when I arrived), so I was happy to have made a reservation.

Despite the crowd, the front desk staff was still very polite and helpful.

I stayed in room 326 which was the BIGGEST hotel room I have ever seen - 2 king beds, a desk, a lounge chair AND a game/eating table and it still looked empty.

The room was roomy, clean and quiet. I could not have asked for anything more!

Room Tip: The room was at the end of the hall so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInn_BlueRidge, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear guest:
Business trips can often be very tiring, but I am happy to hear we met our customer service goal and provided a comfortable spacious room. The double king rooms are indeed large and suitable for families.
Have a Happy Holiday Season and we hope to see you again soon.
Houston
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a great place to stay. We had an enormous room with two king beds and a great view over the fall colors. The hotel definitely reminded more of a lodge than of a comfort inn. We were happily surprised. The breakfast was on par with any hotel at this level and the wifi was available everywhere and free. I would stay here again. The price was incredibly right as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the positive and encouraging comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our Lodge. We try to provide the mountain feeling with our local decor and I am glad we met our goal in giving you a great North Georgia Mountain experience.

We will see you again very soon, please keep in mind we have a winter special from January through March, contact us for more details.
Best wishes for the Holiday Season.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our room was full of lady bugs. Front desk said nothing could be done yet general manager emailed me and said they could be vacuumed....Housekeeping failed miserably and management wont rectify the situation.
We had 4-6 groupings of ladybugs on our ceiling with 15 in each group. We got to watch 2 drop off the ceiling and fly.
Stayed up waiting for one to fall on us while we were in bed.

Room Tip: stay away during lady bug season
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:
I am sorry you had trouble with the seasonal Lady bugs and you did not sleep during the 2 nights you stayed with us. Especially after riding a motorcycle and dealing with all the other road bugs. We try to vacuum those uninvited lady bugs as often as possible.
Unfortunately, as mentioned by another guest and reviewer, they return as quickly as we take care of them.
I hope you still enjoyed the ride and the stay in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
atlanta
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We needed a place to stay with our small dog. This place is very nice. There is a huge amount of "green space" to walk the dog. The room itself was nice, with a sofa; chair/ottoman; table/2 chairs, fridge, coffee maker, and a microwave. Bathroom was a nice size and clean.

Only one little negative and since it does allow pets and we did have our dog with us, i tried to overlook this, but while sitting on the sofa i could distinctly smell urine. Our dog did not try to mark his territory, thank goodness, but obviously some dog did. They should have some kind of spray to neutralize the odors and hopefully disinfect also.

The bed was comfortable and there were no odors around the bed. Our bed was not too short, as one reviewer complained. It seemed the normal length of our king size bed at home.

The complimentary breakfast was quite good and the choices were plentiful. The atmosphere in the lobby and the dining area is very inviting. There is a fireplace, tv and lots of seating.

I would definitely stay there again.

One reviewer, "Adam D", thinks all the great reviews must have been written by family and friends. Well, i can tell you i am not a relative or friend of anyone connected with this hotel.

Another reviewer had trouble with keeping the room at a comfortable temperature and had lady bugs. We experienced no trouble with our wall heater/ac.

And as for the lady bugs, well there is a certain season up there when the lady bugs are a huge problem. We had a lake house in that area 10 years ago and the lady bugs got into our house every year, but only for a short duration. Our house was very well built, but the lady bugs still found ways to get in, and they LOVE big, solid pane windows. I could vacuum 10 times a day and still have lady bugs all over the floor near the windows especially. You just have to put up with it even though it is very annoying. We were told that lady bugs were brought into that area to take care of another problem they were having with the plants and trees and pests, and now there are just too many lady bugs. At least it is not a year round problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank treenie12
Thank you for the great positive comments. I am sorry if the room had an undesirable pet smell, if you would like to call us and let us know what room number you stayed in, I will personally check to make sure that indeed it has been taken care of.
I am glad you enjoyed the Lodge and the stay with your pet.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ridge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Ducktown Copper Inn
Ducktown Copper Inn
#2 of 2 in Ducktown

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge? Share your experiences!