“Beautiful place in the Georgia Mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge
Above the Rest Cabins
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at the Dream Maker cabin at the Above the Rest Cabins in Blue Ridge Georgia.

The cabin was immaculate and completely stocked with anything we needed. The hot tub that overlooked the Georgia mountians had a Million $$$ view.

Close to everything and was a great relaxing trip.

Would highly recommend and would love to go back another time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NCSoxFan

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Made our decision to stay here mainly based on past reviews on TA and we were not disappointed! Initial conversations with Jeanette were not only helpful regarding our cabin rental, but about the area in general. She was more than gracious about insight on dining, attractions and things to do in and around Blue Ridge during our stay. Simply put - you can tell the owners are very invested in their business and it shows. Our cabin, American Idyll, was outstanding in every way. As others have said, you find the basics you need and then some awaiting you when you arrive. All you really have to provide is food and drink. We made easy day trips to whitewater rafting on the Ocoee in Tennessee, to the Southern Terminus of the Appalachian Trail on Springer Mountain, and of course many trips to downtown Blue Ridge. None of these trips were more than an hour or so in driving distance from the cabin. We had a great summer stay here and hope to return one day for the colors and cooler temps of fall or spring!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John C
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days with our family, and were, as always, extremely pleased! The caretakers were welcoming, the cabin was decorated beautifully, the screen in porches were wonderful during the evenings. The very private hot tub was fabulous!!! We brought our dog Max, they had treats and chew toys waiting for him, and the decks are even gated for puppy containment. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank SandraVoelker
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was in search of a peaceful getaway to surprise my husband with to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had recently moved to Middle TN from the west coast and were unfamiliar with any area in TN, GA, NC etc. I knew we wanted to be within so many miles of our home and checked a map - we looked from Memphis, to MS, to Asheville NC to Atlanta GA. I only trust TA and when I did a search it brought up Blue Ridge GA- so a bit more searching and Above The Rest Cabins came up. I began searching through pics of cabins, and found a few I really liked. The cabin I liked most in pictures was unavailable, so I went with my second choice, Crazy Horse. I was interested in private, secluded, peaceful, a mountain view and hot tub with view. We had a late arrival on Friday and Elaine was more than helpful with the instructions of the keys they left for us and the ease of stopping by in the morning to process all paperwork. The cabin was amazing. It was large, 3 bedroom, 3 bathrooms, a double wrap around porch, wonderful kitchen , fantastic views, lots rocking chairs, games, pool table, fireplaces, horseshoe pits, fire pit, grill on porch, did I mention fabulous views and most important it was clean. Lights & music were on when we arrived. The sun was setting over the mountains and fireflies were just coming out. My husband really liked his mountain getaway surprise. Only problem was we only got to stay one day, we had to get home Sunday. We talked all the way home about bringing our kids and their families back with us next time. Yes, there will be a next time. We loved the cabin, the area ----- Elaine was very nice & pleasant to deal with. David showed up in the office and was a delight as well. I dealt with Jeanette by email and she was always on top of answering my questions immediately and getting me the info I requested. Loved our stay, though it was short. Looking forward to next time! Thanks for the amazing cabin!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank specialangel62
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This time my husband and I switched things up a bit and stayed in a different cabin from Dream Catcher- nothing wrong at all with this cabin, its still our favorite, but wanted to try a new one out.

Deer Crossing was great! The cabin was beautiful and extremely clean! I loved the bedroom upstairs. Since it was just the two of us, no privacy was really needed so the open room was great! The hot tub was wonderful this time of year. The evenings were cool enough to enjoy it. We seen a deer and a turkey while we were there. It was secluded and private. The cabin was fully furnished and was everything we had expected and MORE! Thank you David and Jeanette for another wonderful get away!

Room Tip: ***No pool or room service but no way would I leave the rating as terrible. If they had a pool, it w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wilson_ah28
Above the Rest C, Owner at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed Deer Crossing - I love the abundant wildlife around that home! We did wonder when you chose a different home - LOL!!! Variety is good. Thanks for being with us and being Above the Rest Repeat Offenders!!!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I had been using another cabin rental company in Blue Ridge for a number of years. Our first experience with Above the Rest has changed us for good. We rented "Deer Crossing" and it was exactly as advertised. The one minor problem we encountered was locked WiFi. After attempts to troubleshoot over the phone, Dave arrived the next morning at 9am, laptop and Ethernet cable in hand. A few short minutes, and we had working wifi.

Perhaps the most pleasant aspect of working with Above the Rest is the sense you get that Dave and Jeanette genuinely care about their customers, and want to do what it takes to make your trip the best it can be.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Spiehler
Above the Rest C, Owner at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I cannot tell you how much it means to read this review. To have guests who graciously accept that "things happen" and sometimes the next morning is the earliest an issue can be addressed (especially when it may be subject to someone else's business hours) is SO rewarding. We value you tremendously, thank you for your kind words, and appreciate your feedback!!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

First off this cabin is not totally secluded.The view is that of a rd about 100 ft away and of a cabin in front and to the right and behind the TINY hot tub is another cabin.Not very romantic when theres kids on 4 wheelers up and down the rd constantly. I was told this cabin was on 5ac and there was nothing built on the adjoining lots.Never told it was in plain view of rd's and cabins.Also hot tub is tiny and porch is rotten around it.Bad exp here covers in closet smell like wet dog and took forever to get deposit back.Not Secluded Romantic getaway.Cabins built on top of each other.Videos, pictures and description are deceptive cabin is ok just not very private and no view.To top it all off its been nearly 2 weeks and had to file a claim with Chase to get our deposit back after being told 5-7 days max.Off season price sounds good but not if you can't enjoy the stay.No way would I pay the higher rates.... there's better places cheaper

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GATRAVLER1226
Above the Rest C, Owner at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Since this reviewer doesn't post under his own name, it is difficult to respond. We did not have any calls about Peaceful Escape from a recent guest, and based on the reviews provided about other establishments, it appears this reviewer doesn't have the integrity to contact management while on-site, preferring to sling potshots anonymously. Peaceful Escape IS on, actually, SIX acres. In the winter, on our mountain, every home will have sight lines to other homes. Lot sizes range from 2-6 acres. The hot tub at Peaceful Escape is actually larger than at many of the smaller cabins. It is the most rustic home we manage, and nothing about the video/photographs is deceptive. Again, without knowing that a guest is dissatisfied WHILE they are with us, it is hard to respond, except to say that we wish the reviewer had the decency to contact us with any issues while they were here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ridge
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Ridges Resort & Marina
Ridges Resort & Marina
#2 of 2 in Young Harris

Been to Above the Rest Cabins? Share your experiences!