“Great family getaway!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge
Above the Rest Cabins
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My family of seven stayed in the "My Mountain Hideaway" cabin. There was plenty of room and the view was fantastic! The property management team was excellent to work with as we were booking the cabin. I follow them on facebook and love seeing all of the updates and pictures of the cabins and scenery.

We checked in late and David was great to meet us at the office and gave us great directions to our cabin.

Only two things could have been better. When we arrived, there were wet towels in the washer that had not been dried that I had to rewash and dishes still in the dishwasher that I preferred to rewash. Nothing major, just a small inconvenience.

We definitely are planning another trip back to stay in this cabin and we picked out a few more that looked great as well!!

Room Tip: Some of the cabins have better views of the mountains than others. If you're looking for a good...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janna T
Mountain_Cabins, Owner at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I am deeply sorry about the dishwasher and the washing machine....the young lady who cleaned the cabin before your arrival has a benign brain tumor and is VERY diligent but it does affect her memory sometimes. Nonetheless, we should have caught it and we're truly sorry for that. We're glad to have had you with us!! :)

There are newer reviews for Above the Rest Cabins

Reviewed March 9, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed with two friends from South Africa at Deer Crossing and we had an amazing time and exceeded our expectation. The cabin was clean and had everything we needed. It had such an amazing view. We enjoyed staying here and we can’t wait to go back next year. Our friends recommended Above the Rest Cabins to us and we are glad they did.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed with Above the Rest Cabins a few monthes ago and LOVED IT!!!!!This is soooooo much better than Gatlinburg!!!! The cabin was spotless and beautiful!!! We arrived to music playing and a goody bag to get us started on our vacation. They had even built the wood up in the fireplace,,,, all we needed to do was strike a match! The kitchen was well equiped with everything we needed. They provided a bathroom goody bag as well and thank goodnes because I forgot my shampoo. The hot tub was private and had a wonderful view of the mountains!There was a propane grill that had limitless supply of gas so no worries about running into town for propane.The robes and slippers that were provided were a real treat. We are headed back tomorrow and can't wait!!! They allow dogs too!!!!! We are are taking our little girl Roxy... she is a boxer and they don't find her coming along... What a GREAT PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roxy911
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed in "Plane View", which gave us a view of three states! The cabin was roomy, clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. There were even robes and slippers! It is a short ride into town, where we found great shops and restaurants. The only thing I would change is I would have stayed longer than three nights. Absolutely beautiful cabin and views!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

First time renter and could not have been more pleased. The pictures do not do justice to the actual cabin and the views. We had our entire family including the grandkids and had the best time and everything was perfect. They were right, bring your clothes and food and that is all that you will need. WE WILL BE BACK !!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Beautiful cabin called Attitude Adjustment. Great price. Had a loft for me and a "man cave" for my boyfriend with a stereo and access to outdoor hot tub. Plan a trip there!

Room Tip: Cabins with views are key.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is our third time staying with Above the Rest Cabins and have found all their cabins to be very well equipped, clean and homely with really comfortable beds. We have stayed in Altitude Adjustment, Dream Maker and this time Among the Pines. Each time the cabins just get better.

The pictures on the website and videos are very useful and accurate in assisting you to choose your cabin but if you are still unsure, the owners are extremely helpful in providing guidance. Most the cabins are pet friendly and our two dogs just love coming along on the trip. Blue Ridge is a fantastic town to visit. The information folder in the cabin is very helpful and we found a lovely walk on Lake Blue Ridge. The Guest book is also a great source of information and tips.

It is the small touches that make the difference and the reason I have given them 5 stars - always plenty of towels, spa robes, soap and bathroom accessories provided and kitchens well equipped.

If you have tried the rest, then try the best. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Douglas Inn & Suites
Douglas Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Best Western Mountain View Inn

Been to Above the Rest Cabins? Share your experiences!