“Perfect Blue Ridge vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge
Above the Rest Cabins
Houston
“Perfect Blue Ridge vacation”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Among The Pines is a beautiful cabin on My Mountain near Blue Ridge, GA. The house very clean and the owners went above and beyond to make sure the house was well stocked and well maintained. Being from Houston, we were looking for a luxury house in a secluded location with great views. The house is set on two acres on the side of the mountain in order with beautiful mountain vistas. We loved the fireplaces throughout the house, the outdoor fire pit and rocking chairs, hot tub, ping pong table, pool table, card table, Wii system, and movie area with surround sound. There was never a dull moment with the outdoor adventures and indoor amenities. Thank you to Above The Rest for providing a great vacation experience!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank diane802
Mountain_Cabins, Owner at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Thank you for being with us, and for taking the time to review our company. Among the Pines is a fabulous home; we are so pleased that you enjoyed it and the beautiful Blue Ridge, GA area as well. Best wishes to you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Great experience from start to finish — beautiful accommodations, pet-friendly, comfortable, scenic...The management at Above the Rest Luxury Cabins goes out of their way to make sure guests at their cabins have a wonderful vacation experience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EloiseMac524
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed at Unbridled Faith for our 2010 vacation, and it was a great experience from the moment we booked. The owners are friendly and helpful, promptly sending us receipts and directions to their office. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by their office staff and given directions to our cabin along with plenty of information about our stay.
I know some other people have mentioned it, but it's true - opening the door to the cabin is such a great experience - like you've arrived at your 2nd home. Warm music, a ready hot tub, robes, & even a dog treat for our Charlie. They really took the extra time to make us feel welcome.

The cabin is beautiful. We went for something "cozy" and got more than we really had expected. The pictures are always better than the real thing, right? Not so here. The real thing at Unbridled Faith is so much better and the pictures didn't do it justice. The view is simply spectacular, and the cabin was in really good shape. The fan on the back porch was strangely warped, and neither that fan nor the one in the kitchen worked. Not a big deal to us, since it was November and there really was no need for a fan - we just wanted to air the cabin out and an open door worked fine for us. It's not something that would break the deal for me; I would still rent this cabin again in a heartbeat.

We did receive instructions to "leave the cabin as it was found", so we did that. Washing the dishes, straightening the living room, sweeping, and putting on a load of towels before we left (as requested in those instructions). So, if those kinds of simple chores put you off, then that may be something to consider.

The stay here was pleasant and comfortable. The bed was fantastic - lots of nice sheets and bedding to stay warm & comfy. The fireplace was beautiful and the furnishings were very up-to-date and relaxing. The yard had plenty of room for our dog to run and play (and the host dog, Hank, even stopped by for some play time). It's a great cabin - wonderful for people with or without pets, and I would not hesitate to recommend any of the Above The Rest Luxury Cabins to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Slo_Pokey
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Wanting to get away for the weekend, I discovered Above the Rest while searching on-line. Their rates were reasonable, and I was pleasantly surprised by their lower-than-expected pet fee. We opted for "Crazy Horse" based upon the features, price, and location (on a ridge).

Check-in was a breeze and there were no "surprises" in regards to charges, fees, etc. But most of all, the cabin was stellar: clean, open, up-to-date per appliances...And more importantly, my wife loved it, too! We also loved the town of Blue Ridge. It was quaint and yet had a wide variety of restaurants and shops to visit.

Definitely on our list of places to return to!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elwoodjr
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My Husband and I just returned from yet another fabulous trip to Blue Ridge and a totally Awesome stay with Above The Rest Cabins! We stayed an incredible 19 days (lucky us!) in "Crazy Horse" and it did Not disappoint. If anything, the pics on the website do Not do it justice. It is simply gorgeous inside and out! It was just the 2 of us, but there is plenty of room for a huge party or a big family. The sunsets are beyond compare, as is the Master Bathroom shower (2 shower heads on a cold morning is a marvelous thing!). The Master Bedroom has the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in! My Husband and I were celebrating our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. We were married in one of ATR cabins. We had champagne waiting in our cabin when we arrived. So thoughtful! We have stayed with ATRC many times and have always rec'd outstanding service and care. We have nick-named all of the "children", as they always come visit us. Any minor issue that arises David and Jeanette always do whatever it takes to resolve it. The weather wasn't the best, but it usually isn't this time of year. The Jones' made sure we were well stocked with all the firewood we would need to ride out the storms. Ice and snow delayed our departure by one day and almost two days. The Jones' assisted in getting us "flat landers" down the mountainside safely. Being from central FL, I had put in an order for SNOW when I made the reservations. I can't prove that Jeanette fullfilled my order, but we sure did receive SNOW and lots of it!! We had a blast playing in it. We took our Christmas pictures in it and everything! This cabin is pet friendly, but did not smell like animals. I was hesitant, thinking it might, but it did not. Our cat Oreo Loved it! I would suggest the cabin "Crazy Horse" to almost anyone. It is Amazingly beautiful! Above The Rest Cabins is the best in Blue Ridge. We made the mistake of using other companies and were so disappointed. ATRC takes such great care of their customers and goes out of their way to make your stay an awesome experience. We will never stay with anyone else! Thanks guys for another Fantastic trip!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank guysweetie
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Let me start off by stating that I am definitely a city-slicker but have stayed in numerous luxury cabins in Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia. I stayed in the cabin My Mountain Hideaway with my boyfriend and 3 other couples 12/11/10-12/14/10 for a couples retreat/friend's birthday. The woman who checked us in was SOOOOOOO helpful and friendly!! The cabin was beautiful and true to size. What I mean by that is it said 4 bedrooms and there really was plenty of room for 8 people to relax comfortably for the weekend. My boyfriend and I stayed in the king suite on the main level and it was handicapped accessible (which I have never seen in a mountain cabin). We didn't need accessibility, but if you need it, you've got it in this cabin! There is a ramp outside and everything. This place was so clean we actually made a point to look for some area overlooked...there was not one cobweb, speck of dirt, or even a smudge in the entirety of the cabin nor out on the deck. It also had EVERYTHING you could think of that you might need, literally everything. Every type of kitchen utensil, anything you need for the hot tub, pool table or bathrooms, all necessary items for the grill etc...The store is a bit difficult to get to, so bring what you need along with you if you are driving and My Mountain Hideaway will have the rest!

The real selling point of Above the Rest is the service. While there, an unusual amount of snow fell in the GA mountains and we were "stuck" in the cabin past the allotted check-out time. Not only were we not charged, management even offered to allow us to stay until the roads were safe at a significant discount. As other guests attempted to leave on the icy roads, there were numerous slips and skids, the Above the Rest team tirelessly worked to assist guests in trouble. I would definitely recommend going to the beautiful GA mountains for a relaxing and wonderful vacation. It's great for a romantic weekend, friends getaway or even an office retreat. I would absolutely recommend staying with Above the Rest cabins, they offered quality AND service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kanikab
Mountain_Cabins, Owner at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thank you for your review! The snow that weekend was a real challenge and we're glad you were able to hunker down and enjoy some extra time. You were wonderful guests and we hope to have the privilege of your company on our mountain again.
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed October 18, 2010

The cabin is rustic, don't expect granite and stainless. A beautiful, rustic cabin: the spa robes and slippers, the teas and chocolates, the hot tub ... our hosts were gracious and welcoming, and their "kids" even made a trip up to the cabin to say hello! We loved it. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bbeth207
Mountain_Cabins, Manager at Above the Rest Cabins, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
We'd like to thank this reviewer for their thoughtful comments on this home. It is the most rustic in our program, but we do want everyone who stays there to have the same treats and special attention as those who stay at the more luxurious homes. We're happy that the guests enjoyed the visit from our fur-babies, and again, truly appreciate their thoughtful comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Ridge
Douglas Inn & Suites
Douglas Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Best Western Mountain View Inn

Been to Above the Rest Cabins? Share your experiences!