“Beautiful location and good food”

Toccoa Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 88 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the North Georgia Mountains on the banks of the rolling scenic Toccoa River 8 miles outside of Blue Ridge. This location takes it up a notch when it comes to relaxed dining with a gorgeous view. OnlyInYourState rated us as on of the best restaurants in Georgia, "13 Incredible Trips in Georgia that will Change your Life" by Marisa Roman. Come, see for yourself and enjoy our award winning Pecan Crusted Trout, a homemade blackberry cobbler, breathtaking view and friendly service. Lookin' forward to seein' ya out here on the river!
Macon, Georgia
“Beautiful location and good food”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The rebuilt restaurant has a beautiful setting. Eating outside overlooking the river was fabulous. Food and service were good. Someone mentioned the lack of salad bar....I thought it was better without the salad bar. My salad was tasty. Do not be scared off by the number of cars on the road near the place. The restaurant has almost no parking so a lot of people park on the side of the road. There were lots of cars on the road, but when we got inside we didn't have to wait at all.

Visited June 2013

copperhill, tn
“Still good food.....But......”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have eaten here for years, but the place burned down and just recently reopened. Unfortunately, our first time back will probably be our last. The main draw for us in past years was the great salad bar, the best in the entire area. The new building is beautiful, and the view of the river better than ever. Unfortunately, we only found out when ordering that they no longer have that fabulous salad bar. This put a big damper on the whole meal, and takes away the one truly unique feature of this restaurant. There are many other restaurants nearby with equal food at equal prices, and much closer to town. We were truly disappointed since this restaurant has been our "Go to" place for special occasions for quite a few years.

Naples, Florida
“We loved it. Again!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our first time back since the place burned down. We loved it before, but had read the reviews and I was a bit hesitant to return. But, it used to be one of my wife's favorite places so, of course, we had to try it out. We went for lunch on a Thursday. I had read about the limited parking, so we got there early. Actually, there is room for 13 cars out front and plenty more across the street - so not as bad as I was expecting. The newly rebuilt structure is great! Mostly the same floor plan as before, but it's very nice is a rustic quaint country sort of way. We ate on the deck overlooking the river and it was very nice. Our server was very good. Knew the menu, knew the wine and beer selections, and checked with us often. My wife wanted something from the dinner menu so he had to check with the manager. (After reading several other reviews about the manager, I was interested to see what would happen.) The manager said she could have the selection she wanted, and offered to give her a lunch-sized portion at a reduced price - so that was great. We both ordered seafood dishes, and we were both very pleased with our dishes. We really have no significant complaints. Even the hostess, when she seated us outdoors, was nice. It had rained earlier and she made sure we had dry chairs to sit in. The only suggestion for improvement would be that the amount of wine in the wine glass seemed a bit skimpy. We will return, and we'll take friends.

Blue Ridge, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible experience and food”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a disappointing and expensive meal! The portions were very small and the food less than appealing. no quality control. the waitress was new and obviously not sufficiently trained. When I inquired about about the meal with the waitress she informed me that she only served the food. I asked to speak with a manager and was informed that there was no manager on duty. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL ! A senior waiter appeared with out authority to resolve the situation.
I expect to pay good money for a good meal and professional service. This was not even close. Hey ownership, wake up. I intend to share my experience with everyone I know. Tourists beware.

1 Thank Brian A
Hollywood, Florida
“Avoid this Place”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The view is the only good thing about this restaurant. The food was poorly prepared and presented. The wait staff was poorly trained and customer service was not part of their training. They refused a simple request to substitute cole slaw for a salad. They said there had to be an upcharge. The staff refused to correct any of about 4 other issues. I will not go back and warn any of you who decide to go anyway, it is a gamble that you are likely to lose.