“Fun day trip!”

Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
Ranked #3 of 40 things to do in Blue Ridge
More attraction details
Owner description: A great family adventure on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway (BRSR) starts at the historic depot, built in 1905, in downtown Blue Ridge, Georgia. This charming mountain village is nestled in the lush Chattahoochee National Forest and is known for it’s pleasant and unique shopping with friendly folks and an old-time atmosphere. Total excursion is 26 miles (4 hours round-trip) winding along the beautiful Toccoa River in passenger’s choice of vintage, climate controlled rail cars or open-air rail cars arriving in the quaint sister towns of McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee. Passengers have a 2 hour layover in McCaysville/Copperhill; plenty of time to eat lunch, shop for unique crafts and antiques, snack on ice cream, or walk across the old bridge in town to view the river.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We actually own a vacation home in Blue Ridge, Ga. and after 10 years of begging my husband to go on the train, he finally gave in. (I played the "it's my Birthday" card). We were pleasantly surprised. The ride through the woods was beautiful. The Fall leaves were coming down in a shower....all different colors. The staff was very helpful and fun. I would reccomend for anyone of any age to take in this attraction. They do give a Military discount (applied to myself and my husband, he is a Veteran) Look for discounts, and coupons online before you go, it is pricey!

2  Thank Carriebout1

Reviewed November 21, 2013

For $25 a person it was ok taking a 1-hour train ride north with 2 hours down time then a 1-hour return trip. Not much to do in Copperhill or McCaysville. Highly recommend the drug store down the street. Be sure to buy a t-shirt.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

While this 4-hour trip is probably best at peak autumn leaf season in October, we had a nice time poking around the shops in the towns at either end. The car hosts were charming and engaging and made everyone laugh.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Three of my friends, and I rode the train and loved it. Nothing exciting but beautiful ride along the river and David, our Steward was very nice. We shopped in Mckaysville and had lunch at Shananighan"s. Really nice little town. We enjoyed the ride just a relaxing afternoon and a lot of nice pictures from our open car.

1  Thank NanaMHilliard_FL
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Something you should try if you are in the area. We have two young children who enjoyed the open air train ride on a nice fall day.