“Wonderful experience! Especially for inexperienced riders”

Adventure Trail Rides
Ranked #4 of 14 Tours in Blue Ridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Blue Ridge Mountains by horseback with Adventure Trail Rides! Choose from the Valley Trail, a great beginner's ride that's easier on the bum! Or, take a Fairy Cross ride, where you'll dismount and hunt for legendary Fairy Crosses. Other favorites are the Picnic ride by the creek, the evening Sunset ride or specially arranged Romantic and Proposal rides. The experienced guides will match horses to personalities, so you may be paired up with Diesel, Cupid, or Teaspoon! Back at the barnyard you can feed the chickens and relax in a rocking chair. Come on down ya'all!
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I cannot recommend enough these folks! Kind people, love the farm they have chickens, pigs, a turkey couple of goats. Nice little store. But erziah is just a sweet guy! We brought our daughters non of us are experienced, we have rode a few times with years inbetween. I was so nervous, but Erziah keep talking to me, it kept me distracted and eventually I was able to relax and just enjoy the beauty of both the views and the horses themselves. Please bring cash to tip these great people with they work for tips!!! We had a great time made a wonderful memory!! Thanks great adventure trails for making our day!! The wells family

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We booked a day in advance for 4 adults and two kids ages 7 and 10. We booked an hour ride at 1:15 on a Tuesday. We filled out our forms and turned them in and played with the variety of animals while we waited to go. It did take about 15-20 minutes after our scheduled time (1:15) to get going so I am glad we didn't book anything for right after our trip but the time flew playing with the dogs, cats, goats, chickens, and roosters. All the animals are people friendly and follow you around. The owner then came out and did a quick tutorial with our group which was very user friendly. Then they took us all back and he picked each horse based off the person which was great. My kids both got slow and steady horses(teaspoon and Winnie) I got the momma horse Flicka and they were amazing. A few times the horses stopped to eat and we were able to tell the kids how to pull up. They horses are very user friendly. The trail itself is gorgeous. They had hills up and down, straight ground and muddy ground. I expected it to be kind of a boring straight path ride since we choose the beginner one for the kids but it definitely was not boring in any sense of the word. The guides are in front of the line and in back and tell you about the surroundings and such. When we got off, we went to the general store on site. They serve food and have an array of items to buy. All in all, I wish their was a higher rating I could give them because this is absolutely mine and my kids favorite part of the trip.

1  Thank Holli B
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Today a group of four of us went to ride horses at Adventure Trail Rides. 3 out of 4 people in the group had never ridden a horse before. We had a really great time! The staff was extremely friendly. Mariah was our guide and she did an awesome job showing us what to do and guiding us on the horse trails. We were able to get up to a trot on our horses, which was cool. I have always been scared of horses until now, and I'm almost 30. Mariah was really thorough on instructing us and making sure we stayed safe. We even had a dog following behind us. It was a beautifully scenic, absolutely gorgeous view on this peaceful ride. I highly recommend it. Enjoyed it a lot! Very affordable! Great value for the money, awesome group activity!!!

2  Thank Tigereyes3047
Reviewed July 31, 2013

this was my first time officially riding a horse. they explained everything in such a way before my wife, myself, and 4 other tourists went on an adventure. totally wished we had spent the extra dollar for the advanced stuff, that's how easy they made it for this first timer. they're instructions from start to finish are clear and they're conversations are that of a clean, fun family. wonderful time. also absolutely spectacular views of the mountains and the wooded areas of Georgia. went at the end of July, great weather and easy to breathe in those great outdoors.

2  Thank HuleoAmadaeus
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

They waited on us because we were a little late!! Not many companies would wait!! Love that they knew about each horse!! Loved that the horses coats were pretty!! Adventurous ride!! Really fun!!

2  Thank Dmorgan255