“Fun ride, knowledgable guide, a bit adventurous for a beginner!”

Adventure Trail Rides
Ranked #4 of 14 Tours in Blue Ridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Blue Ridge Mountains by horseback with Adventure Trail Rides! Choose from the Valley Trail, a great beginner's ride that's easier on the bum! Or, take a Fairy Cross ride, where you'll dismount and hunt for legendary Fairy Crosses. Other favorites are the Picnic ride by the creek, the evening Sunset ride or specially arranged Romantic and Proposal rides. The experienced guides will match horses to personalities, so you may be paired up with Diesel, Cupid, or Teaspoon! Back at the barnyard you can feed the chickens and relax in a rocking chair. Come on down ya'all!
Tarpon Springs, Fl
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Fun ride, knowledgable guide, a bit adventurous for a beginner!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We did the "1 hr beginner trail ride" and beautiful as it was, some parts were terrifying like a few vertical mountain ascents and descents. Yes the horses were pretty sure-footed but there were multiple heart-stopping moments where our horses slid or had to gallop up a hill.

Ezra our guide was extremely knowledgable and very friendly. He did a great job.

The only reason I cannot give 5 stars, is that we found our beginner ride a bit much for a beginner (although it was a fun adventure). Perhaps it would be a bit much for some kids.

Don't forget to bring cash to tip your guide(s)!

3 Thank MeredithandJoe

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 391 helpful votes
“Scenic Ride”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

An easy ride, as the horses seem almost trained to follow and know the routine. The scenery was beautiful and made for a relaxing ride. The guide seemed to be going through the motions rather than truly enjoying what he was doing, but we had a great time.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank StarfishandSeashells
Bartow, Florida, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“2nd visit in 2 years!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our 2nd visit with Adventure Trail Rides but not as much as the first time. Our guide was not as fun as the first guide we had. The first guide was very talkative and funny. This guide gave the bare essentials. He was not unpleasant, just a little more reserved. But overall, we had a good ride. We would still recommend Adventure Trail Rides to anyone who wanted to go horseback riding.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Connie E
Tarpon Springs, Florida
121 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Horsing around”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had an amazing time ridding on the back of Kinder! He was full of spunk and inpatient just like me! Our guide was full of knowledge and showed us some beautiful scenes. It was nice because she didnt talk the entire ride and we got to enjoy the ride! Remember to tip the guides!!!

Visited October 2012
West Melbourne, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“First time ever - had a blast!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had never been on a horse before, and so I was a little nervous. My boyfriend has a long history with horses, so he was totally comfortable. Our lead guide, Ezra, was informative, encouraging, and set me totally at ease. I went from being scared at a walk to being thrilled at a canter! I really took to riding and can't wait to come back. I wish I lived in the area - I would have Ezra teach me to ride personally. The ride was set in gorgeous picturesque rolling hills and wooded trails. There were lots of opportunities for pictures - but I was having too much fun with my horse to properly take advantage of them. The store has some fun goodies, and I just had to get myself a "ride like a girl" t-shirt. Before and after the ride, it was relaxing to just sit and watch the chickens, dogs and barn cats and enjoy the country air. I'll definitely be back the next time we visit the area - and will most likely do a private ride. This experience was worth every penny and then some! Oh, and they'll hold your car keys for you, so you don't lose them on the ride. :)

Visited September 2012