Tripadvisor
Blue Ridge
Post
Inbox
Search

“It’s all about the atmosphere”

The Vine Wine Bar & Bistro Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 105 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Outside seating and pet friendly for Lunch and Dinner. We have a fabulous patio. Come in for a wine tasting, Cheese Flight, Hummus, Roast Beef sandwich, Dessert or a Flat Bread Pizza to name a few or Carry out a bottle of wine We have something for everyone.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is above the average because of atmosphere. Our sandwiches were standard but not exactly as the menu read and not outstanding but this was a sweet place to steal a moment for just my husband and I. The wine selection is good and the ones we had were very worth the price.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (235)

Reviewed November 25, 2019

A rainy day brought us to Murphy to browse antique shops since outdoor activities were not possible. When lunch time came, we walked down the street and found The Vine Wine Bistro. It was a nice find. Our husbands each enjoyed a bowl of chili but my friend and I chose to share the chicken club with homemade fries. It was more than enough--a really big sandwich on a delicious bun and a large order of fries. We had enough to share with our husbands. We felt prices were reasonable. Service was great. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

Didn’t eat here but visited twice for some drinks and was given a warm welcome and friendly service ... great place for a rest and drink

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 4, 2019 via mobile

We were in Blue Ridge in Feb and loved this spot. Today it was hot outside so we stopped in for a couple of beers and a cheese plate. The server was super nice and I remembered her from the last visit. The cheese tray comes out and the lady delivering g the food literally takes the silver ware roll ups away from the table and says we can just use the knife to eat out appetizer. We said well we maybe will need the fork so she left one for us. Literally my wife ate the fruit with her hands and we shared the fork.
After the exchange, she left our table, went to the end of the bar and proceeded to talk about us and the situation to customers in the restaurant. Completely rude and unprofessional.
I ask the server if the rude lady was the owner and she said no and that the owner is rarely ever there. I asked two other business owners about the owner and they clearly indicated the rude lady was the owner.
This type of experience just left a bad taste in our mouth regarding the restaurant and our overall experience. There was no reason to be rude and no reason to not just leave the silverware on the table. We spent approx $40 on 3 beers, a cheese plate and a tip. I think that merits having the proper set up to eat a meal. There was 11 people in the restaurant at the time so it wasn’t like she needed them for other patrons. It was just purely rude and disrespectful to paying customers.
When I asked the other business owners about the place and her, they all had the same reaction- she is very rude and they hear about events like this often. They also asked us not to judge Blur Ridge based on the experience with her. We would never do that because we love it BUT in a world where it is just better to be kind Because life is tough enough...she wasn’t. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

Stopped in this cute little spot for a light lunch.....Michael was knowledgeable about the wines he chose for our tasting and very personable. The sandwich we split was delicious. My only complaint is that the bottles of wine we purchased were quite pricey.

Date of visit: September 2019