“Kid Friendly?????”

The Lilly Pad Village
Ranked #2 of 9 Fun & Games in Blue Ridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking for things to do in Blue Ridge? Fun activities for the entire family - come and spend an amazing day, gem mine, play mini golf, fish on our 1/3 acre pond or simply browse our gift shop or relax on our deck. Discount packages are available. We also offer guided hiking! Enjoy a custom designed hiking experience.Our Gem Mining Flumes are covered - gem mine away even when it is raining.
Cordele, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kid Friendly?????”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My two boys were super excited about the gem mining. I will say that they, as well as I, enjoyed the gem mining experience. We did not participate in any other activity they offered. To be honest, I became a little irratated with the lady owner and decided to leave. For this to be an attraction/experience for kids, my children were repeatedly told "NOT TO" several times. Please know that I have good kids BUT they are KIDS. While buying the tickets, my son (whom is autistic) picked up (what he thought was a rock) a bar of soap. Quickly, the lady owner told him that it was soap and to be careful. OK....yes, he should be careful, but what do you expect at a place that is suppose to be FOR KIDS. If they see it they usually are going to touch it. lol. At first, I did not really think much of it, UNTIL a few moments later I heard her telling him "excuse me but that is my bedroom". I looked over at my son and he had his head stuck around the divider that apparently hid her bedroom. I do apologize for my son being nosy, but he did not know you slept there too. Kids do tend to explore like most kids do. After that, I was just ready to leave the building and go mining for gems. We truly did enjoy the gem experience. Really fun! As me and my boys were waiting on the in-laws, I heard the lady owner, again, saying "please don't throw rocks in the pond, it is not like the ocean and the rocks are not taken out with the tide" (or something to that affect). OMG, really lady! I am truly sorry my child threw a rock into the pond. I respect that it is your pond and you do not like any of the thousand rocks you have in your driveway thrown in, but I guess after hearing you tell them (three times) what they could NOT do, I was done with it all. Kids are kids! Maybe you should make your place "Adult friendly." Also, my kids are great kids, not perfect, but respectful. BUT they are KIDS!!!

Visited September 2012
8 Thank Jennifer T

Marietta, Georgia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun for all”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We love the putt-putt and the gem-mining, but our favorite part is the milk-shakes and flavored coffees. This place truely has something for everybody.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Scott L
Chattanooga
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“All ages will enjoy it”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We visited Lilly Pad Village on a Sunday, soon after opening. It did not take long before more visitors showed up. Our teenage girls enjoyed gem mining and our hostess (one of the owners) was very helpful to ID the gems. Mini golf has 9 holes, but they allowed us as many rounds as we wanted. This is not your beach-side mini golf with all kinds of clowns and water falls. It's nestled among the trees but was relaxing and enjoyable. We had a picnic lunch next to the pond and enjoyed watching folks try their hand at fishing. Owners live on-site, so you can tell they take extra care with the property.

2 Thank bouncytraveler
Lyons Ga.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We played putt-putt our first time on .0n the mountain side.......it was was a real challenge and lots of fun....even though it rained .....we had a good time!

1 Thank AdventureTeam2
Naples, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a Fun Time”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a great time at this little bit of adventure. My Wife, daughter, son-in-law, and myself had a blast. The golf was a lot of fun. Short but challenging. But the Gem mining was a real treat. Both my wife and daughter found some keeper stones that will make a great necklace. Gez, the owner, was right there the whole time telling them what stones were keepers and what were not. The owners are very nice and the afternoon was delightful.

1 Thank BikerBob1_12
Gezacsuros, Owner at The Lilly Pad Village, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We very much appreciate that you took time to comment on the Lilly Pad! Next time you are back, we would love to see the necklace you made out of the gem you found here - some pictures would be awesome also :-)

Say hi to Naples for us ... I still miss some of the places and people.

Thanks again, and see you on your next visit.

Geza and Gena