“A Good Choice for Dinner in-town”
Review of Harvest on Main

Harvest on Main
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2017

We ate here on our first night in Blue Ridge. It has a strong 'lodge' vibe with trophy-heads on each wall, exposed beams, lots of wood furniture, etc. The location is in the center of Blue Ridge, which was nice. Parking was fairly easy on-street (parallel), or you could use the lot at the north end of town a few blocks away.

They had a modest-sized patio (depending on the weather) and several dining areas inside (one main room, a bar area, and likely at least one other room in back). The clientele varied quite a bit - there was at least one family with kids, several sets of two older couples dining together, some people dressed up for a night out, and some who looked to have come straight from a hike. It was a nice mix, and no one seemed out of place.

The menu wasn't limited or super-extensive, but they had a fairly good spectrum of choices. The individual salads were large (we'd split one if we went back). The entrees were well-sized; at least one of us had leftovers. My pasta dish was good, but it was more meat than pasta (which isn't necessarily bad, but I'd have been fine with more pasta and less meat). They have a full bar and a good wine menu. Service was good; I don't recall any issues there.

If we returned to Blue Ridge, I could easily see returning here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

We are locals who had out of town guest looking for a great meal and I am so glad I chose Harvest! It was amazing! I had the pecan encrusted trout which was fabulous! I am not normally a fish eater but chose it just to be different. It is served on a bed of roasted corn and the two flavors together were amazing! The serving size was generous and I just couldn’t stop eating it. Ever bite was a pleasure! My hubby had the filet and he was well pleased also. You really can’t go wrong with any of Danny and Michelle’s restaurants!

Reviewed November 21, 2017

The lunch was crowded but the staff handled it well. The menu provides a range of choices and everything was quite good. Be prepared for a wait if you are there near lunch - apparently it stays crowded. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Our party of six has visited Harvest on Main and number of times over the years and normally been very happy. However, this year it was a total disappointment. For starters, we ended up on the lower level despite having reservations. I would highly recommend you avoid letting them sit you on the lower level as I do believe that had something to do with the total lack of service we experienced, and we were not alone in that poor service experience. Along with the lack of service we found that the food quality has greatly diminished. The doc has always been a favorite of our group but this year was not at all up to the standard we've experienced in the past. The chili was another disappointment not coming close to the quality we'd experienced in prior years.

Well we didn't have the opportunity to enjoy it the atmosphere on the main level still appears to be very nice. Perhaps the service is better on that level.

Unfortunately our group will likely look for other dinner options on future visits to Blue Ridge.

1  Thank karen c
Reviewed November 20, 2017

I found this restaurant to be very quaint. The food was excellent and they also have a full bar. If it's cold outside I would recommend not sitting at the tables near the entrance as you get a cold blast every time the door opens. Reservations are strongly recommended and request a table in front of the fireplace. Personally I would recommend this for couples and dinner dates, not typically the type of place I would want to take children in the evening. May be different during the day or when it's warm and you can sit outside. The dress was casual but the food was definitely upscale. It's a little on the pricey side, our bill for a party of four was $225. before tip. So be prepared to avoid sticker shock but enjoy the atmosphere.

1  Thank LAT11