“Pulled in for best pulled pork ever!”
Review of Harvest on Main

Harvest on Main
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Tripadvisor advised that Harvest on Main is No. 1 in town. So when eight of us went "to town" from our Wonderful Lodge up high in the mountains it was here we went for lunch. The service was courteous. The place has an old age charm. The food is good. I, myself, had the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever been served. Can be warmly recommended and is apparently one of the bestsellers on the menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,518)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We came to downtown Blue Ridge and agreed to walk around until we found a place that looked interesting, came to Harvest on Main and were seated immediately. It was a Thursday night and we went around 6:45 pm. Our waiter Jay was courteous, very informative and helped with menu selections. My wife ord62ered a hard cider and I tried one of the 3 Belgian beers they were offering this evening, and we both enjoyed our beverages.
We ordered the trout and the house bolognaise, and both were outstanding. The portion for the bolognaise was substantial, I needed a take-home box as I couldn't finish it. We were also pleasantly surprised with the very tasty vinaigrette dressing on our house salads.

it's not inexpensive here, but not breaking the bank either-2 entrees, two alcoholic beverages, two side salads, and a bill of about $62.00, and excellent service.

if you are traveling near Blue Ridge in the next couple of months you'll encounter road work on Main Street, but don't let that deter you. Park in one of the public parking areas and take the short walk to Harvest on Main and other local businesses.

1  Thank Rimk44
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Based on reviews from friends, we decided to make a reservation at Harvest. I'm so glad we did! Seems like this was "the" restaurant in town. Great mussels for our appetizer course. My husband really liked their Crusty Salmon with Chili Rice. My 6 year old had only 2 choices though for his entree and he picked beef hot dog. Nothing too exciting for kids. I shared the ribeye with our other son. It was unfortunately way overcooked. I should have sent it back however I had already cut up the meat for my son and thought it was too late to send it back. The flavor was good though.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Found this charming place on a slow Sunday evening in Blue Ridge. We didn't have, or need, reservations at this time, but I can tell they are essential in Blue Ridge's busy season.
The restaurant has a charming, old time feel to it, but the food is definitely new and modern. I had the pork loin that was served with mashed sweet potatoes and the best collard greens I ever tasted. The meat was tender and delicious. Started with a salad of very fresh greens and their signature dilly beans. The salad was definitely large enough to share. Husband had the fresh local trout and raved about it. For dessert our party shared a rosemary infused creme brulee that was very good, though not the best ever. Our server, Candel, was wonderful - attentive and helpful in making our selection. Definitely try this place if you find yourself in Blue Ridge, GA.

1  Thank MarcyRH912
Reviewed April 8, 2013

On Saturday drove in for first time while staying nearby. It was late afternoon, we walked around downtown main st looking for a place for Lunch, this was #1 on tripadvisor so this is where we came. It was about 3 I believe they were closing soon to change over to dinner, however no. E said anything to that effect and we were never rushed! Our sweet server was more than helpful, we had cold steak salad, salmon plate,chicken sandwich and blacked talpia sandwich. Service was fast, food was wonderful!! I mean good temp, good favors,we asked about the strange sound we were hearing, he explained a certain "secret" method to cook the steaks and even showed on to us, we are huge foodies and this was a cool extra to our visit. As we left I noticed the closed sign was up. Hence my first sentence but we were never rushed or felt hurried to leave. I would love to return for dinner next time.

2  Thank cinibun2