“No longer a good choice”
Review of Blue Ridge Brewery

Blue Ridge Brewery
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I moved to Blue Ridge a little over 4 months ago. Even though we’re new to the area we’d spent many days here over the years before we decided to make the move permanent.
When you visit the same town over a period of time you have your favorites that we’d never miss. The brewery was one of those places. It was always fun talking to the outgoing friendly locals. Frequently you’d see some had their own mugs which are kept there.
Unfortunately my husband and I will scratch the brewery off our “favorite” list.
We went 3 weeks ago, on a Wed, for a mid aft beer/snack.
We saw several of the local people gathered inside, again most had their own mugs.
We were going to join them but as we got within listening distance it turned out to be a case of foul language and loud bragging how their political party of choice was finally “fixing” things.
As my husband and I are clearly not in sync with their cursing and brashness we left.
We left before ordering any food and returned that next Fri. To our dismay we saw the same group of locals, the only difference was there seemed to be more gathered around, this time we heard language we don’t use and certainly can’t take our granddaughter.

We’ll find another place to go where we won’t feel like we walked in on a group of people that clearly don’t care what they say in front of others.

1  Thank yodel1808

Reviewed September 9, 2018

We stoped in here for a drink (and a couple of apps) around 1pm on Friday afternoon. I wanted to avoid the long lines and crowds of dinner, as are in some other reviews. There were only a couple other tables taken, so our service was just fine! I got the flight, and was not to my personal tastes. The pineapple beer was too light and the other light beer was not my favorite, but I am sure other people would like. My husband got a nut brown ale (in the bottle) that was really good! We ordered the pretzel and cheese/beer sauce, which was really big! And also some meets and cheeses. Overall, it was a fine experience. We had previously stopped at Grumpy Old Men, and I liked that atmosphere much better, but they do not serve food - so take your pick!

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Wait for almost 1 hour to get our food, the steaks (rib eye) were completely cold!!!, when we spoke with the manager she stated that she will warm it up on the oven, the waitress never warned us that the food will take that long. please don’t eat here!!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Food took an hour to be served and it was cold. Worst customer service. The server did not offer any explanation of why the food was late. Manager’s attitude was even worst.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

What a great place to eat and have a beer! I had the trout with sides and it was delicious. My friend had the ribeye and he cleaned his plate! We tried 4 kinds of beer and the Basement IPA was superb! The staff was extremely friendly and professional! We will surely go there again soon and hope we see you there!