“Hidden gem in the mountains”

Margo's Bistro & Deli
Ranked #25 of 96 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Went there on advice from family and glad we did. This is a Polish restaurant, run by a Polish expatriate! We both tried the combo plate (2 different pierogies, Kielbasa, stuffed cabbage) to be sure we got the best variety. One pierogie was the traditional potato/cheese covered with buttered onion - very tasty. If we returned I'd get a plate of these! The other was mushroom (and perhaps rice?). Good and unusual. The Kielbasa was smoky and delicious - not the bland commercial stuff. The cabbage roll (known to our families as 'pigs in a blanket') was good but covered in an interesting sauce

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

This is a Polish restaurant and the food is excellent. This was our second time eating here. I recommend the whole menu.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

My son and I were looking for a place to eat diner around 7:30 PM and found Margo's Bistro & Deli, it was half an hour before closing and I hate to do that to people. I asked if they minded having a couple of late diners and we were welcomed with open arms. They asked if we knew polish cuisine and offered to help make suggestions. They couldn't have been nicer or more attentive. The food arrived and I thought I was in heaven. The stuffed cabbage was amazing, it melted in my mouth. The Kielbasa was so flavorful and of high quality. I loved the bacon that was served sprinkled on the pierogi, never had it served that way before. I plan to make this a regular stop when we return to Blue Ridge. If you love Polish food, you have got to try this place.

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this place even being here and by food. Nice friendly ladies serving up simple home cooking from the “old country”.

Pirogies are delicious, maybe not as good as grandmas, but Margo isn’t my grandma - so this is to be expected. If you have a taste for , or just want to try Eastern European home cookin, give this place a try.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

What an enjoyable meal! I had been wanting to try this restaurant for some time now, and finally we made the time to stop in to try. I would really recommend that you call before going to make sure that they are open. The hours on the website are not accurate.

We dined here on a Tuesday afternoon arriving around 5:00. Deli is very quaint and has a few tables inside and 2 picnic tables outside. We were the only ones dining this evening and really enjoyed the time that Margo took to explain the food and what her recommendations were. We ended up having the Polish Kielbasa with pierogis and stuffed cabbage rolls combination plates. Portions were good servings. My husband thought that there could have been a little more sauerkraut with the kielbasa though. I will say that for eating Polish food for the first time we really enjoyed what we had. Margo suggested a polish beer to my husband that he said was good. We finished our meal with a piece of Black Forest Cake that we split. Very good cake and quite different from what I thought Black Forest Cake was.

Margo provided excellent service and we really enjoyed talking with her about the restaurant. The only con was that we thought that the food could have been a little warmer when served. Of course that didn't stop us from cleaning our plates, the food was that good!!!

We will definitely be stopping by again soon to try another polish dish.

Been to Margo's Bistro & Deli? Share your experiences!