“No disappointsments”
Review of Aska Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge
Aska Lodge B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Blue Ridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2012

From beginning to end, our stay was delightful. I honestly cannot think of one thing Bob and Mary Jo might have done better. They run a first class operation and their inn was the highlight of our trip. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the second time my girlfriend and I have stayed here, and absolutely LOVE it! The atmosphere is cozy both inside and outside...it feels like you are at home. The inn owners are so nice and entertaining....they make sure they have everything you need. We brought my parents (visiting from Iowa) for the first time and they didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: If you like a big porch, the Jean Katherine room is the best. It is a wrap-around and provides a gre...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way from the Smoky Mountains to Atlanta. We wish we had been here for longer. The welcome was fantastic and Mary Jo and Bob have thought of everything you could ever need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. It's quiet and peaceful but only a five minute drive from the pleasant town centre of Blue Ridge with all its amenities. I suggest plan at least two nights here, with the day in-between just chilling on your private porch or by the open fire. Bob is very knowledgeable about wildlife. This place should be enjoyed and not just a stop-over.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We needed a quick weekend away to de-stress. We made an excellent choice! Although we only live 1.5 hours from the Aska Lodge, we felt like we were in another world. The lodge is tucked away in the mountains, but just minutes to downtown Blue Ridge. Mary Jo and Bob are such warm hosts and really made us feel welcome and comfortable. They have really created a great cozy atmosphere that you immediately feel at home in.

Once we arrived, I curled up on the front porch with a book, some hot tea and one (ok, maybe two) of Mary Jo's delicious cookies from the bottomless cookie jar. Yum! After that we headed to town for some dinner and pretty much headed right back to the lodge to enjoy it some more. We met a few of our guestmates and had a nice time getting to know them and hanging out by the bonfire pit. We didn't actually build a fire because it was still a bit warm out, but we would definitely love to have one when we go back and it is colder.

Our room was just great and the bed/linens were topnotch. We had our own porch with a beautiful view (each room has their own private porch, I believe). Breakfast was great and I loved getting to know our hosts and the other guests a little more.

Great weekend getaway and I booked it last minute too! Mary Jo was so accomodating. We will definitely refer friends and family AND we will be back!

Room Tip: Mary Jo can probably help wtih the room choices. They all seemed to be great choices.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in the Rachel Victoria room at this wonderful B&B. The room was lovely, quite large and had a huge bathroom. We also had a small deck with a hummingbird feeder. We watched with delight as the "little ones" buzzed each other constantly. Mary Jo and Bob were the perfect hosts and made us feel very welcome. Aska Lodge is very relaxing and quiet and the perfect place to get away to. If we lived closer, it would be a place we would return to quite often - unfortunately VT is not "around the corner". I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking to take a break from everyday life and relax. Lest I forget, Mary Jo's Creme Brule French Toast is everything it's cracked up to be - and then some!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Revamped a way to get away for a night and am sure glad we did. The details that Bob and Mary Jo have set up for their guests were similar to slipping on a glove that fits perfectly the first time. I sipped delicious coffee while reading my book in the morning on the porch and watched hummingbirds dance and play our version of king of the hill with regards to who gets a sip of sugary water, and when...
To now know this moment I was relishing is only an hour and a half away, forms a smile, knowing we will return. :)

Room Tip: I refuse to enter my fav room, for fear it will be taken, when I return!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This review is long overdue since we actually stayed at Aska Lodge a year ago. As the fall approaches I think of the north Georgia mountains and of all the places we have stayed in the area, this was our favorite. It is a very peaceful location yet still so convenient to the nice shops and restaurants in downtown Blue Ridge. Bob and Mary Jo are wonderful hosts - we especially enjoyed hearing Bob's knowledge of birds and all things of nature! We loved just sitting on the balcony and watching the many hummingbirds close up as well as songbirds at the other feeders. The rooms were spacious and clean, the bed comfy and the breakfast superb. I also enjoyed the freedom to work on one of their puzzles in the main room during our downtime- it's easy to feel at home there. The only reason I don't give 5 stars is just because I like to reserve that for places that I feel are over the top luxury or super incredilbe views, etc.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Best Western Mountain View Inn

Been to Aska Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!