HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,631 results
All reviewsmega mallferry terminalsea viewconvenient locationwalking distanceconnecting roomsswimming poolshopping centrehigh floorwelcome drinkbirthday cakeclean hotelearly checkcheck in processbooked roomsshort getawaypleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I think this hotel is doing really well - can see that all the staff try their best to create nice experience for guests. Found them to be friendly and helpful

Our second stay, arrived on Sat and was given an early check-in with a smile. Room was clean, but aircon has some issue which was rectified immediately. Small shower area, but adequate. Location is TOP, short walk from ferry terminal AND Mega Mall, which I still think the best mall in Batam.

Compliment: asked for a baby bath tub and was delivered promptly.

Suggestion: ordered nasi bakar from in-room dining menu and found it was 'really' spicy - would be useful to include this info in the menu, instead of just the calories & fats info. Couldn't finish the food at the end - what a waste.

Another suggestion: provide a dedicated room for spa

Room Tip: High floor facing the harbour - nice view in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guest HYY_T,

Thank you very much for your time , sharing your " good " experience in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, posted on the 1th of July. Every Guest feedback is opportunity to learn.

Your satisfaction is our priority. I am personally delighted to inform you Luther and his dedicated Front Office department's Players have been glad to read the efficient check in and out process you had had coming to our property.

Dear Valued Guest HYY_T, thank you again for selecting HARRIS Hotel Batam Center during your stay in our island.

I wish you an excellent week ahead.

Benjamin Castel &Team

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went for re-charged for 2 nites over the weekend. As usual, smooth check in, highest floor & sea view of course. Maybe it was due to the end of the school holidays and first day of RAMADAN, not much guests during breakfast. Will be back again in 3 months times.

Room Tip: High floor and sea view is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dannyang2888
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest dannyang2888,

We are delighted to have you staying with us and thank you so much for your positive comment.

All HARRIS Hotel Batam Center Players have been informed about this good remarks. We are working day by day to improve our service and thank you again for having participate to this process.

Dear Valued Guest dannyang2888, It will be great pleasure for all of us to welcome you again in next 3 months.

I wish you an excellent week end.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went for a short vacation with family members to batam. As this hotel was just beside the ferry terminal, so we decide to try staying here for one night after reading those review.

We request for early check in for all 3 rooms and all to be on the same floor. But when we arrive there was only 1 room available for us. Other 2 room can only check in at 2pm which is the normal time for check in, so there really isn't much of a early check in here. After our lunch we go back to check in the other 2 rooms, but when we got back to our hotel we was told there is only 1 room ready for us as the other room is still not ready yet. So in the end we check in the room 1 by 1 at different time despite requesting for early check in. I know it's subject to availability but they should have settle those rooms which the guest is already there waiting and give us promptly the other 2 room at 2pm. But for the same floor room they manage to give us 3 rooms side by side which is good.

And on that day is my nephew birthday, which I seng a request for a cake to be prepared. When we check in that time I still remind the person if my cake is ready and they told me yes. But we never see the cake until the next day when we check out. And we was already back in our hotel room at 9 plus as we only manage to book the driver till 9pm. And the staff actually said they tried calling our room but no one pick up. We may be at fault too as we totally forget about the cake. But still we entrusted them to deliver to us but it's such a disappointment.

The next day before we go out, we check with the front desk if we can request for late check out. The staff told us yes till 1pm. And he ask if it's sufficient. We told them it's fine. After that we went to bcs mall to shop and we found a massage parlor. The package is 3hr and at a good price. So we tried to call our hotel to ask if we can extend the check out, but we can't call through no matter what. In the end it's because we never add a plus sign before the extension. I'm not sure how many people know that you must add a plus sign in front but it's the first time we tried calling so we didn't know it. We thought it will be alright as the staff ask us if it's sufficient till 1pm or we want it layer. As they don't seems to really need to clear the room as its a Sunday check out. So we took the 3hr massage package and after that rush back to our hotel to check out. To our disappointment, when we go to check our they say we have to pay extra 10 dollar sgd each room for every hour late check out. We totally didn't expect this as no one inform us that a 10 dollar per room charge will be charged for every hour late check out. We told the staff we tried to call the hotel to check but we can't get through, and that's when they told us we have to add a plus sign in front of the country code. And before we leave the hotel for our massage, we did ask the person for late check out. And yes we was given free late check out till 1pm,but they never tell us every subsequent hour after 1pm will be chargeable at $10 per room. And what the staff reply us is totally unacceptable and I Don think any hotel staff would reply this kind of answer to their hotel guest as I'm also working in the hotel line.
The staff actually reply saying they also don know we will late check out, that's why never tell us it will be chargeable. I'm sure this kind of things you should inform to your guest when they check in or at least when they request for late check out you should inform them. Maybe this hotel is new and they just started or what, but I'm sure Harris hotel has been in this industry for quite a while and is well known too. But I didn't expect the staff to say that. They Don now they guest will want to late check out.

Very disappointed by the reply, if not this trip will be a wonderful trip. If we had know before hand it will be chargeable, we would have at least check out 2 room and save 1 room. At least we wouldn't have to pay so much more for something which we never use at all. And because of the rush I think I left my Casio watch behind in the hotel room. What I can hope now is they found my watch and help me keep it till next time I go back take. But I will never go back this hotel to stay again. It's really a disappointment. Other service was good the house keeping staff was friendly. But the front rest staff reply is really unacceptable. Don know they guest will late check out.

Hope others won't encounter this situation and make your trip unpleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank DadaJD
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here as part of a 2D1N recharge and relax getaway for myself. The hotel has a super convenient location - it's directly beside the Batam Center ferry terminal. You simply walk out the terminal compounds, turn right, and presto! You're there!

For about 700k rupiah a night, the hotel is quite affordable. What makes it more amazing is that the hotel is directly opposite the Batam Mega Mall, which has a dizzying array of shops that sell everything from clothes, food and also electronics (Check out Minimal at level 1 for affordable work clothes!). There is also a cinema in the mall so rest assured that you will never be bored while staying at the hotel.

Ladies, if you're checking in, do request for the Ladies' Floor that they have. As part of their "Woman's Touch campaign", the hotel will give a complimentary goodie bag that includes a free massage voucher, face masks, oil blotters etc. Upon request, you can get hair straighteners/curlers and also a yoga mat too.

I found out about this promotion too late though, as I had already checked in when I found out about this promotion. But the one thing odd was that the floor had only twin beds, not a single large bed. I thought it was silly, especially for solo female travellers like myself who preferred to have a large bed. So it's up to you which you would prefer - a large bed or freebies :)

There was an incident during the night of my stay, where the family directly above my room had kids and they were screaming and jumping about at 10 in the night for a good half hour. A call to the front desk and within 20 minutes the whole situation was resolved. The staff, together with their security guard, even went to my room later on to check if the situation was resolved..

Other than that, Harris Hotel is a good place to unwind, shop and eat to your heart's content. Perfect for a 2D or 3D stay in the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RashidahSingapore

Dear Valued Guest RashidahSingapore,

From all Players of HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, we would like to thank you for your time and sharing your stay experience in our property. Please be sure that your review has been very warmly welcome by our team.

The location of the property, indeed, is very strategic at Batam Center Area where you might easily reach Batam Center Ferry Terminal and Mega Mall for shopping.

Special floor dedicated for ladies are created as a part of our "Woman's Touch campaign" where a free gift also provided. Your special note about the large bed in Woman Touch Floor is become Management consideration.

We are sorry about the incident you had during the night you stay and our on duty staff accompanied by security guard have already taken corrective actions to rectify the situation,

Dear Valued Guest RashidahSingapore, once again, thank you very much for staying with us at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay in Batam.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel from 22-23 june 2014. Hotel is right beside the Ferry terminal and across Batam Mega Mall. Unlike hotels in the oter areas, you save alot from not using the taxi service. We booked 3 rooms, 2 of them were connected. Facilities are adequate. Good hotel for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Walk to the carpark and negotiated with the taxi drivers for cheaper fares.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest Zulhelmy R,

We would like to thank you for the genuine feedback and sharing your overall stay experience with us.

Our property, indeed has a very strategic location, conveniently located side by side to Batam Center Ferry Terminal and opposite to Mega Mall. It is a real value of money.

Dear Valued Guest Zulhelmy R, once again, thank you for your time and feedback, It will be a great pleasure for all HARRIS Players to welcome you again for your next visit in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.