HARRIS Hotel Batam Center
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,631 results
All reviewsmega mallferry terminalsea viewconvenient locationwalking distanceconnecting roomsswimming poolshopping centrehigh floorwelcome drinkbirthday cakeclean hotelearly checkcheck in processbooked roomsshort getawaypleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hi, I am yani from spore..I stayed at the hotel with my hubby from 26 march to 28 march 2013.i stayed in d 7th floor.

I m deeply impressed by the uniqueness and friendliness of the hotel and the staff there.

Upon reaching, we managed to check in 2 hours earlier as we reached quite early.We r welcome by warm smiles n greetings from the staff.love d cookies n drinks;)Indeed its true, good customer service really make people's day..even with just a smile..

Previously I ordered a bday cake for my hubby bday and the cake prepared were delicious..

During night, a staff called to ask if evrythings ok in the room..
We feel much appreciated as they are concern bout their guests well being.

LASTLY,the great part is the morning breakfast where we are entertained by the Dino Harris and the staff dancing which kind of unique..First time I saw in a hotel where everyone is happy..me n hubby love d song, great idea and thums up esp to the boss of harris batam center..
While working the staff are actually releasing stress a bit and at the same time entertaining the guest..

Overall really happy..I will recommend this hotel to pple I know..
With the consistency of great smiles, and the warmth given, the hotel will always be loved

Yours sincerely,
Yani.

• Stayed: March 2013
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest Yaniafdah,

Thank you very much for your positiv comment and being "deeply impressed" by your stay in
HARRIS Hotel Batam Center. Your input has been shared with all the team.

Your breakfast remark has been deeply appreciated. Actually we included new dishes, as the javanes Serabi counter, which allow our guests to taste traditional dishes as Kue Kue.

Dear Valued Guest Yaniafdah, kindly let us know your next visit with us, we will be more than glad to welcome you and to provide an unforgettable stay in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Visited here for a short 2D1N Trip.

I have to say we are very very satisfied with the hotel :)
It is clean and has everything that you need. On top of that, the friendliness of the hotel staffs (bringing you the welcome drink when you enter) really really helps to enhance that holiday mood that we had.

1 opportunity area for the hotel to improve on is,
1. Food. The ayam penyet rice set lunch will not give you the right representation of the real Ayam Penyet rice. The rice here was very dry and chicken meat was hard... Food is 1 thing I certainly hope that Harris can improve on. That would complete anyone's holiday with a smile :)

Good.
1. Staff friendliness.
2. Superb cleanliness. To be frank we did not have the intention to go for a swim in Batam, but with the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff, we just went ahead and jump in for a swim. We were greeted with smiles and given nice clean towels as we walked to the pool. It was such a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floors room would be nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest Ufong,

We are more than glad to read your are " very very satisfied" about HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.
Your comment has been shared with all the team.

The friendliness of the staff is a major point we maintain and perform day after day, as consistency and professionalism in our service delivery. As you noticed it, cleanliness is one of the core concern for our operations.

Regarding your observation about the ayam penyet rice set lunch, I am glad to inform you our Chef will launch really soon a complete new Food and Beverage Menu. We will be more than glad to welcome you to taste our new culinary changes.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We decided to stay one night in Batam on our way home from Singapore so I chose this hotel primarily based on its location right next to the Batam Center Ferry Terminal.

The rooms were clean and big, everything worked and the wifi was fast for Indonesia standards. The swimming pool was beckoning me but upon closer inspection the water looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a good while so I gave it a miss.

Mega Mall is just across the street (5 mins walk) and Nagoya Hills is a 15 minute taxi ride away. I have to say I didn't find the prices to be much different to Singapore.

We didn't avail of breakfast due to an early flight to Jakarta so I can't comment on the food.

The staff and location are the best selling points of this hotel.

I would happily stay again without question.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest acjkt,

Thank you very much for your comment, it has been deeply appreciated. We are more than glad you plan to come back to HARRIS Hotel Batam Center for your next venue in our island.

In addition, we really appreciate your good input about the cleanliness of our rooms and the good location of the hotel at 2 minutes walking distance between the Megamall, and the Harbour Ferry connected our area to Singapore.

Regarding your remark about the swimming pool, even though the rainfall season is finishing kindly be informed daily at 10PM the water is treated with special products by our Player in charge to maintain a high level of cleanliness of the water and the swimming pool itself.

Dear Valued Guest acjkt, thank you very much for your comment, we are looking forward to meet you again for your next stay in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is right outside the Batam-Sing ferry terminal so no taxi to get there. It's a larger hotel for the area. Room service selection was limited and awful. Room service bad, unanswered phones etc. There is the requisite security barrier w guard around the hotel. The hotel employees are very friendly and helpful and are always polite and smiling and ready to assist you with anything. The hotel is billed as "water front" which it technically is but has no real beach access or nice areas to chill. Pool is a small lap type not good for chilling at either. THIS HOTEL IS A GREAT VALUE FOR PRICE!

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are unimpressive. I preferred a room on a high floor with a view towards the city side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest Vanzephyr,

Cheers from Harris Hotel Batam Center, the “Hotspot right in the Center”

Thank you for your input, which has been shared between all the HARRIS Players. We strongly took into consideration your observation.

We are more than glad you appreciated the cheerful and vibrant atmosphere of our hotel.

For your information, all our room service menus are changing very soon, the choice is becoming more various, matching precisely the needs of our different customers profil. In addition, i am glad to announce to you we are providing training to all our restaurant Players to provide a consistent and performing service to all our Guests.

Dear Valued Guest Vanzephyr, we really hope to meet you soon in our property for your next visit in Batam, i will be more than glad to discuss with you about your previous experience with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here recently for one night. Came here on a Groupon offer which offered a one night stay, breakfast, to and fro ferry from Singapore and 1-hour massage.

What I like about this hotel:

- Location is fantastic (located just beside Batam Center Ferry Terminal and opposite Mega Mall)

- Hotel and room was clean

- Comfortable bed

- Bright and happy decor
(main colour theme was Orange and Green. Though it may look a bit kitschy at times, it was fun looking at the elaborate care that this chain has made sure that as many things in the rooms and hotel are orange in colour)

- Whole body massage (done in the room) was good

What I didn't like so much:

- Breakfast was average

- Pool's location is not ideal as there is not much privacy.
(Situated just beside the restaurant, one can only get to the pool via the restaurant's door, and you will be swimming/tanning with the restaurant guests looking on)

- Hotel doesn't offer maps readily
(I asked a front counter staff for a map and she said they do not have it. However, as I really needed to find out where to go, I asked another front counter lady staff whether she can lend me a map and that I will return it. She then took out a map from her drawer for me. The map was a xeroxed copy. After asking her for directions on a few places in Batam, I asked her whether she can give the map to me and she readily agreed. Thus I do not understand why the first lady told us that they didn't have maps. That is not very good customer service)

Room Tip: We got the room that is facing the city. It was ok. Though I think it would be nicer if you can ask for a room with seaview. Highest floor is 9th floor so try to ask for rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager H, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel Batam Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest Vanzephyr,

Cheers from Harris Hotel Batam Center, the new “Hotspot right in the Center”.

Thank very much for your constructive comment. We deeply appreciated your input.

We are more than glad to read you appreciated the cleanliness, the atmosphere and the good location of the hotel at 2 minutes walking distance between the MegaMall and the Harbour Ferry connecting Batam Center Area to Singapore. We are working day after day to make your experience with us Unique.

Regarding the incident you encountered with our reception when you requested a map, you actually met one of our new trainee which was not yet informed about all our services we delivered to guest. On the top of that I am glad to announce you we are preparing for a wall map in the entrance of the lobby to inform properly to our guest where they could go for entertaining or activities.

Dear Guest Vanzephyr, we really hope to meet you again in HARRIS Hotel Batam Center.

Harrissly Yours,