Holiday Inn Resort Batam
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Grand Meranti Hotel(Riau Archipelago)
Link Hotel(Batam Center)
Aviari Hotel(Batam Center)
  • Restaurant
Acacia Hotel(Sekupang)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewstea tree spabedroom suiteterrace cafegames roomchinese restaurantferry terminaldragon innihg memberkids clubfree shuttlepanda clubswimming poolshuttle servicesports loungeshort getawayaward winningliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Positive Feedback:
- Resort has nice exterior as well as room. But as Holiday Inn is an International Chain, improvement definitely has to be made on the sofa and TV as there did looked very old
- Friendly staff. But some was clearly inexperience and lacked of product knowledge
- Breakfast so far was the best I ever tried in Batam's Hotel
- Pizza and Tiramisu were yummy!!! No complaint!!!
- Pool was great, though it lacked staff presence
- Wireless at public area was strong/good

Negative Feedback:
- TV remote/battery was not very good. You have to shake it before it could work

Suggestion:
- Most Batam resort/hotel do provide free transfer to Nagoya and it would be good if Holiday Inn were to extend the service too. Current: SGD4 per trip to Nagoya

Overall Comment:
I will recommend this hotel to everyone. The negative feedback that I have brought up were common issues in all resort/hotel all over the world and it was for improvement sake, and not to deter anyone from staying in this resort!

When you stay in Holiday Inn, pls do not forget to try its Tiramisu ya... I'm simply loving it!!! *yummy*...

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Yana M
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Our disappointment started right at the beginning with email requesting for rooms and ferry ticket. Messages related to the staff were often misunderstood thought email and telephone call.
One of the most saddening case was the confirmation of our return ferry ticket.
Our email to them for the confirmation return was clearly stated but was totally ignore / misinterpreted and end up with our return delay. Further to this, our ticket were not issue to us till the very last minutes despite our numerous reminder includeing physically waiting at the hotel lobby 1.5 hours before our ferry time.
It is a total disappointing to have such a great hotel but manage by those unprofessional staff.
my personnel rating of the hotel :
Hotel room : 7.5/10
Bed : 7/10
Bathroom : 7.5/10
Accessibility to town : 5/10
Staff understanding: 1/10
Staff attitude : 5/10
Food : 5/10 ( taste acceptable but over price )

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kklee74
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My family and I are extremely frustrated and disappointed with our recent stay in Batam Holiday Inn. Just to name a few issues that we had:

1. Upon arrival at Batam Holiday Inn at around 1pm, the counter staff told us that the rooms were not yet ready and will be by 2pm. When we went to the counter again at 2pm, only 1 out of the 3 rooms were ready. We had no choice but to place all our luggage into room this 1 room first and collect the other 2 room keys later. When we opened the door to the first room, to our horror, there were already guests inside!
2 guys came out in shock to ask us why we are entering their room. The bell boy who was with us told us that maybe the counter staff gave us the wrong room number. I was shocked after hearing that! Does it mean that all the keys can open any other rooms?? No good reason was given to us and it was not till another hour before we were given keys for the 3 rooms we booked.

2. The Thai and Teppanyaki restaurant was closed due to CNY and that we are forced to eat the BBQ seafood buffet. When we saw a staggering $500 bill for 6 adults buffet, we shook our heads in disbelief, disbelief not just because it’s ridiculously expensive but because the buffet was so lousy! The BBQ crab and prawns were not cooked and we had to go back to the staff to request that they BBQ again. By 830pm, most of the desserts, fried carrot cake, roasted lamb and a number more of the stations were empty because what they were serving was finished! We felt that the food should be replenished when it’s empty, especially when it’s only 830pm and it’s costing S$80 per person! This is even more expensive than most hotels buffet in Singapore.

3. Breakfast the following 2 days was a mess. They do not have the capacity to serve. We not only had to find our seats ourselves on both days, we had to get our own cutleries, pour coffee and put away our used plates.

4. We went to the pool on 5th Feb morning and while I was just about to enter the pool, I realised I stepped on a shard of broken glass. As painful as it was, I was immediately most concerned of the many children running and playing in the pool. I told the hotel staff to ensure that someone comes over to clean up the area so as to avoid anyone else stepping on more of these glass fragments (if any) Instead of cleaning up the area, he just simply took a mop to wipe off my blood from the floor. There definitely was no effort to ensure the safety of others and to prevent this same accident from happening again.

This is just a summary of what happened in the short 3 days stay. There are a couple of good things about this hotel that I can think of, ie. The kids love the pool, the slide and the playground. I would highly recommend the tea tree spa. Though prices are on the high side but it's quite worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Leshel03
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I have stayed here many times on business, its the nearest hotel to the shipyard that i visit, Let me start by saying if you want somewhere quiet and boring, this is the place for you, the actual room rate is not expensive compared to singapore, but everything else in the hotel, meals, drinks, even the hotel shop are the same or more expensive than singapore, the problem is that there is very little to do at the hotel, there is a small gym thet you can use for a fee, there are playstations that you can use for a fee, there is a table football game that you can use for a fee, or if you are lucky and its not raining you can sit round the pool and frustratingly try and order refreshements from the ever dissappearing staff, Most dissapointingly for me is the poor standard of food served, and it is getting worse every time I return, their breakfasts are probably the worst i have ever had in any asian hotel and the dinners are overpriced for mediocre standard,

The only other things you can do are take a walk up to the Waterfront, which is about 1k away, I would not advise doing it alone at night though, you have to walk past some deserted and run down shophouses, with dubious characters watching your every move, the waterfront is actually a small street of local style dirty hawkerstalls and a few bars full of "Girls of the Night", the only decent bar is the first one you come to " Amy`s bar" , owned by a nice Scottish Gentleman,but if you are a single bloke with really really low standards then walk around the corner and enjoy yourself, but expect to be ripped off and wear PPE.
Anyway, back to the hotel, If the bus is actually there when you get off the ferry, he will shuttle you to the hotel, only a 2 minute ride, Check in is usually quick and polite, but checking out seems to take forever, the Holiday inn is allegedly having a makeover, but the only evidence I have seen of this is they have changed the logo and the rooms now have a new alarm clock and a flat screen TV there are very few watchable TV chanels however you can get a DVD player for a large Deposit and a fee.,Some rooms have what they class as a kitchenette, it is basically 2 hotplates and a kettle, you dont even get a microwave, and pots pans and plates are available to use for a fee, the rooms are still outdated damp and mouldy and all the rooms i have stayed in have that awful musty smell, and once you turn on the aircon that havent been cleaned for a long time, you will go straight for the balcony for some fresh air., I have also yet to find a sofa in any room that does not make me itch like hell as soon as I sit down, apparently all the rooms are the same, with a bit of luck, when they do eventually spend some money on this hotel, they will throw out all the infested furniture and get some new aircon units,

The Pool is good though, and they have a childrens area with a slide, unfortunately it has been closed down for maintenance, there is a small kiddies park with slides and swings, but half of these are falling apart and are marked "out of order" The only real upside to this hotel are some of the female staff, especially in the bar, they are mainly students or school leavers and are very attentive.

On the whole I would say this once the upgrade does eventually take place the hotel will have great potential for business trips and maybe a family weekend. But I wouldnt go yet, unless you have to, like me

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mil66_11
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I usually really don’t write reviews; however my experience with Holiday Inn Batam was simply shameful!

Upon arrival in Batam, we discovered that the Holiday Inn bus ‘forgot’ to pick us up and drove off without us (it happened in front of my face!). We then had to take a cab (which was obviously way overpriced) to the Hotel. When we checked in, we mentioned that the bus already left when we walked out of the terminal, but no apology from the staff what so ever. No welcome drinks, no greeting, nothing.

Me and my partner booked a 2 room suite. When entering the room, it looked clean; however the smell was really damp. TV channels not working properly, bed sheets did not smell fresh, old furniture etc.

The price of food for lunch and dinner was completely outrageous, we has a food bill of over S$300 for lunch and dinner (no alcohol or anything special). My partner wanted to use the internet for one hour, and was first told: ok, that will be S$5 per hour. He later returned, to only find out that another staff member wanted to charge him S$0.60 per minute, which meant S$36 per hour!!! Insane!

When we checked out the next day, they ‘forgot’ to hand over our ferry tickets, thank god I checked right before stepping onto the bus. Imagine standing at the terminal and finding out that the Hotel has your tickets.

The service was really poor; people don’t speak English very well. I live in Singapore and everything was so much more expensive than in SG. Never again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple