“Property is beginning a major renovation”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blairsville
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night in early January. It is a 2 story property in downtown Blairsville. It's nothing great, but front desk told us that they are just starting a major renovation of the entire property - inside and out. Supposedly will last 3 months - not sure it can be done in that time. It is now a 100% smoke-free property.
I would suggest a room in the back, I guess, which seemed more quiet than the rooms in the front.
They do include a modest breakfast in the room rate. Our room was about $75 for 2 people for one night, including breakfast, which we thought was OK.
The room was fine, the beds were fine, front desk staff were friendly and helpful.
I might avoid staying here during the construction process, but I understand from my husband that the other hotels in town are worse, so this might be your best bet!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear nfall2010,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Janice A

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We did not spend much time in the room as we were out all day for each of the 3 nights we stayed here, but the room was nice, clean and the beds comfortable. It is what you can expect for HIE. The entire facility was clean and well decorated. The morning breakfast was also what you can expect from HEI. One day is cheese omelets (or what passes for that) one day was powdered scramble eggs. Of course there are meats, pancakes, cereals, juices and coffee also available.

All around Blairsville are many, many hiking trails and waterfalls ask the front desk or check a local map. Most are an easy hike/walk and are really worth seeing - Don't Miss them.

Room Tip: A higher floor away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trflyer
hiebvlga, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear trflyer:

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent trip to Blairsville. I am glad that you all enjoyed your trip. All of your comments will be passed along to staff. Thank you for staying with Holiday Inn Express Blairsville and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

very nice hotel. We enjoyed the breakfast and the fact that it was tucked back of the main street. It was located right next to the golf course with beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
We'll be back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is one of the better in the immediate area. We found it to be quiet and a good base for mountain road exploring. The best part is "The View Grill" at Butternut Creek Golf Course. Immediately adjacent in the brand new clubhouse, tourist info. center. The view is spectacular, the food is delicious and the prices are very very reasonable. Full menu and Bar is a bonus. Open Lunch and Dinner. Dana our server is efficient and served us both times we ate there.

The free breakfast at the holiday inn express had many hot and cold choices...all good. The owner manager was very accommodating at the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travlerfl1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Travlerfl1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your over-all stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I used the on-line system for Holiday Inn to book a reservation for trip about 1week in advance. After making the reservation, there was a storm and a rock slide on the main road that we would be taking to the hotel. Since it was a pleasure trip and not urgent, we decided to cancel the trip the day after making the reservation. I called the hotel to cancel (giving them a 4 day notice), and they told me that I could cancel but that I would have to pay the entire amount of the room which was almost $250 for two nights. They would not cancel the charges off my credit card. They said that I had made the reservation using their "advance purchase" option when I made the reservations online. I had NO IDEA that i did this. In fact, the confirmation notification email that i received does have language to that effect, but also has language that indicates that you can cancel the reservation as well as an icon that shows modification/cancel options. In addition, i immediately checked my card and there was no 'hold' or charge or charge on my card. I talked to the manager there, and was treated rudely and still told that the charges would be taken from my credit card. I am in the midst of disputing the charges with my credit card company. I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel nor any Holiday Inn Express because this is a complete scam. Google this problem and you will see the same complaints from as far back as 2008. All the complaints are exactly the same. This is a COMPLETE SCAM. Buyer beware.
This is completely a scam because they keep your money and then rebook to another customer, which they actually did in my case.

5  Thank Steve G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Steve G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I do normally like Hoiday Inn Express hotels but I I arrived at 9:30pm and was put in a room right across from the ice and snack machines. I was not told that my room would be so located. The room was clean but the noise right above the room was terrible. Someone was constantly running across the floor. At 12:03 am, I got up out of bed and went to the office to complain about the noise coming from upstairs. The desk attendant took care of the problem. The other problem was no light in the bathroom. Even though I am an AARP member, I got no discount on the room or reduced rate due to the problems I encountered. The breakfast was far from a buffet. I booked this room because of the reviews but I was very disappointed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear southgeorgiachef,

We would like to first thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are pleased to see when it was brought to the Front Desk, they were able to address it for you. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your candid comments, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Adrian D

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is what i would expect form a holiday inn express. the brekfast exceeded my expectations. It was awesome. Checkin was quick and easy and front desk cleark was very nice. She recommended a great local resturant for dinner. Pool was a little small but not not terrible. i have seen bigger pools but have seen smaller. My only complaint really is after i check out i saw that i was charged and extra 6 dollars on my card. When i called the hotel to inquire i was told that the charge was for a "bent Hanger" that they found in our room. When i got a little heated and explained that was a little excessive to charge for a bent hanger, she agreed and said she would refund my $6. I have yet to see that refund!! I believe it was just a ploy to get me off the phone.

2  Thank Tommy G
hiebvlga, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Tommy G:

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the front desk clerk welcoming. I would, however, like to apologize for the experience over the hanger. I assure you that the matter will be looked into and brought to the general manager's attention.

On behalf of the hotel, we do hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Best Western Milton Inn
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Helen, GA
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!