“Holiday Inn Express Scam”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blairsville
Cleveland TN
“Holiday Inn Express Scam”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I used the on-line system for Holiday Inn to book a reservation for trip about 1week in advance. After making the reservation, there was a storm and a rock slide on the main road that we would be taking to the hotel. Since it was a pleasure trip and not urgent, we decided to cancel the trip the day after making the reservation. I called the hotel to cancel (giving them a 4 day notice), and they told me that I could cancel but that I would have to pay the entire amount of the room which was almost $250 for two nights. They would not cancel the charges off my credit card. They said that I had made the reservation using their "advance purchase" option when I made the reservations online. I had NO IDEA that i did this. In fact, the confirmation notification email that i received does have language to that effect, but also has language that indicates that you can cancel the reservation as well as an icon that shows modification/cancel options. In addition, i immediately checked my card and there was no 'hold' or charge or charge on my card. I talked to the manager there, and was treated rudely and still told that the charges would be taken from my credit card. I am in the midst of disputing the charges with my credit card company. I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel nor any Holiday Inn Express because this is a complete scam. Google this problem and you will see the same complaints from as far back as 2008. All the complaints are exactly the same. This is a COMPLETE SCAM. Buyer beware.
This is completely a scam because they keep your money and then rebook to another customer, which they actually did in my case.

5 Thank Steve G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Steve G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ocilla, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I do normally like Hoiday Inn Express hotels but I I arrived at 9:30pm and was put in a room right across from the ice and snack machines. I was not told that my room would be so located. The room was clean but the noise right above the room was terrible. Someone was constantly running across the floor. At 12:03 am, I got up out of bed and went to the office to complain about the noise coming from upstairs. The desk attendant took care of the problem. The other problem was no light in the bathroom. Even though I am an AARP member, I got no discount on the room or reduced rate due to the problems I encountered. The breakfast was far from a buffet. I booked this room because of the reviews but I was very disappointed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear southgeorgiachef,

We would like to first thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are pleased to see when it was brought to the Front Desk, they were able to address it for you. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your candid comments, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Adrian D
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is what i would expect form a holiday inn express. the brekfast exceeded my expectations. It was awesome. Checkin was quick and easy and front desk cleark was very nice. She recommended a great local resturant for dinner. Pool was a little small but not not terrible. i have seen bigger pools but have seen smaller. My only complaint really is after i check out i saw that i was charged and extra 6 dollars on my card. When i called the hotel to inquire i was told that the charge was for a "bent Hanger" that they found in our room. When i got a little heated and explained that was a little excessive to charge for a bent hanger, she agreed and said she would refund my $6. I have yet to see that refund!! I believe it was just a ploy to get me off the phone.

2 Thank Tommy G
hiebvlga, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Tommy G:

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the front desk clerk welcoming. I would, however, like to apologize for the experience over the hanger. I assure you that the matter will be looked into and brought to the general manager's attention.

On behalf of the hotel, we do hope to see you again.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

True to its Nature, IHG hotels has once again dome a great job of situating their hotel in a very picturesque location. High in the mountains (on a great road SR19 & SR 129 is the route we took to get here) a nice hotel with friendly staff and great clean rooms with plenty of good choices for breakfast. we got to the complimentary hot and cold food breakfast late expecting to just snatch up some scraps, but were pleasantly surprised to find the foods we wanted and plenty of them. this hotel is clean quiet and very well situated for a visit to the town and or anything else you want to do in this area, we will definitely come back...but next time on our motorcycles...woohoo!!

Room Tip: in the morning you will see hazy fog clouding the mountain view it usually burns off and clears up b...
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel with a decent free breakfast. A very nice public golf course is behind the hotel. No restaurant but a breakfast room with a decent free breakfast. Hotel is centrally located on route 515.

Room Tip: No real preference for location of room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MacnMary
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice big room, clean, good tv, bathroom clean, decent breakfast included.
Entry is right on the highway, small sign at the roadside, you can see the big sign sticking up, easy to miss the little sign.
And go round the back past the community building to see the golf course and a great view.

Nice place to visit too, but I would not be coming here in the winter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The place was fine. However, I booked it because I needed a place to stay the night and do a lot of work, which requires Internet. They couldn't get it working right, so I couldn't do any of my work. When I discussed it with the owner/manager the next morning, he blew me off and said he couldn't refund any money or discount anything because I bought it through Expedia. So, I left and called Expedia and they called the same owner/manager and they asked if he would give me a refund or a discount and he refused. By the way, I have never complained before to a hotel. I don't like to do this and the place was nice. But, if something goes wrong, like terrible Internet where you can't do work and that is why you booked the place, then they should compensate you somehow. I would stay there, but don't expect your complaints to be resolved, and the same goes for Expedia.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Syrinxlee,

Regards,

Karen C
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
BEST WESTERN Milton Inn
Reid Ridge Lodge
Reid Ridge Lodge
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!