“Absolutely HORRIBLE experience”

Best Western Milton Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Blairsville
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Travelling on my own with 3 children, safety and cleanliness is of the utmost importance. When arriving at the hotel, I was placed in a rear corner, smoking unit. The rooms were awful and smelled disgusting. Upon entering the room, I immediately was nausous and my children were commenting about how awful it was. They are 3, 4, and a teen. My 4 year old could barely take it... I called the front desk and he was incredibly rude, refused to do anything for me... saying since I booked the room online, he would only move me to another smoking room... Really?? This place is horrible!! DO NOT STAY HERE! I packed up my kids and left... they would not refund my money, so I was out over $100.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank J B

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed one night; Donna, the desk clerk was very nice and helpful throughout our stay. There are two sections to the Inn; we looked at a "park at your door" room. It was clean and had all the standard motel room amenities. Those rooms were a bit on the small side and we also didn't like the fact that everyone's cars were right outside the doors.

We decided upon a room in the "balcony" section (separate building). Regular parking lot, inside hallway entrances to rooms, however, there was no elevator and we were on the second floor. Not a problem this time as we had minimal luggage and were near the stairs. (We also like being the top floor as they are usually quieter.) Our balcony overlooked the pool, which was nice.

Room had two queen size beds, fridge, coffee maker, large size flat screen TV, balcony with two chairs, vanity/sink area and a huge bathroom with toilet and tub - largest one I've seen in this caliber motel! Donna brought up extra towels, roll away and bedding for it. There was room for the roll away (the other room we'd looked at wouldn't have been large enough for a roll away). Motel was quiet at night; no street noise but there were street lights over the parking lot. We felt safe.

Breakfast provided with room; okay but not great. Yogurt, fruit, waffles, boxed pastries, boiled eggs, bagels with cream cheese, juices, milk, coffee. Not near enough seating for the amount of people, though it was clean and they kept everything throughout the posted meal times.

We did enjoy the outdoor pool after breakfast. It was clean - pool towels provided at the front desk - and a bit larger than most motel pools.

Housekeeping knocked at our door at 11:00 AM and told us (or tried too, as English was not his first language) that check-out was at 11. We were just heading out the door - had already paid and returned the keys - so that was unusual. Anyway, later that day, at a theater (20 miles away from Blairsville), we realized a valuable item had been left in the room. Donna - thank you!! - checked our room, found our item and kept it until we returned for it later that day. Guess we should have checked one last time before being hurried out!

Added bonus - Antonietta's Grill is next door within easy walking distance - their parking lots adjoin.

Also - what is with the motels in this area not having elevators? We'd checked another two story motel (and decided against it, just didn't feel safe and the air conditioners were puny) and it also did not have an elevator. Never been in a motel, inn, hotel with more that one story that was elevator-less!

Decent, clean motel with nice desk staff. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sheila m
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Room was clean. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and always available. They were always smiling. Free breakfast was good and plenty available. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The room looked clean but when we opened the door the smell hit us. It was alright if you ran the air conditioner on high. I woke up freezing and turned the air down, but then we couldn't stand the smell. The bathroom was not that clean either. The comforter had blood on the back of it. Not much blood, but needless to say I threw that on the floor. The pool was clean. We were going to stay two nights, but only stayed for one.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 34941jay
Reviewed October 10, 2009

It was a special of $65 per night, and we needed just a place to sleep after a wedding in the area. The hotel was old, and I actually worried about the cleanliness, but I didn't want to dwell on it, as I had to stay there. However there were no obvious signs that it wasn't clean. The towels were thin, and the shower rod was hanging by a thread, the coffe maker was questionable and we only got 1 pack of coffee. You could tell there had been attempts at trying to cosmetically spruce up. There was a gap under the threshold of the room, which is how I'm sure the snake got in the room. Yes you read correctly. A snake. It was a baby, but it was curled up next to the toilet when I got up the next morning. The desk person brought us something so we could get it out of the room, as apparently he was too afraid. Needless to say we got dressed and packed up, to leave, but stopped for the unsatisfying continental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieGa
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Very happy with the balcony room. Great wireless internet, Average continental breakfast. Would stay at it again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We made our reservation online for this particular hotel. We were visiting the Blairsville area and from the description and amenities I assumed this would suffice. I was wrong. The room we stayed in had no rubber sweep on the bottom of the door to prevent bugs, snakes and heat to come in. I quickly stuffed a towel over the opening. My husband went to take a shower and snared 2 baby cockroaches crawling around in the tub. You don't want to even touch the remote control to the TV without either gloves or other protection. It was filthy to say the least. I didn't want to touch anything in this room. The owner's of this hotel are very friendly and nice. The front lobby area where the office is is beautifully decorated and very clean which gives one the impression that the rooms are going to be just as impressive and attractive.. Sorry I could not give a better review of this hotel ... I will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Ridges Resort & Marina
#1 of 5 in Blue Ridge
Days Inn Murphy
Days Inn Murphy
#4 of 6 in Murphy

Been to Best Western Milton Inn? Share your experiences!