“Ton of fun”
Review of Vogel State Park

Vogel State Park
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Blairsville
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Vogel is out of this world. Just spent the 4 days there with my family and wish I could have stayed longer. I will be going again next year for sure might even try it in the fall this time.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice cabins, lake, creek, hiking trails, nestled in our gorgeous mountains. Route 180 on the park's south boundary winds its way over to Suches, very popular with motorcyclists, it is a very windy scenic road. Lake Winfield Scott and the Appalachian Trail provide yet more opportunities for outdoor experiences.

2  Thank Hiker-Honey
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We love this state park and recommend it to ALL our guests. The oldest in the State, Vogel offers something for all ages. Paddle around in the lake boats, swim on the beach or hike the Bear Hair Trail.... Mountain beauty. And it's only 5 miles from Paradise Hills Resort, farm winery & Spa

2  Thank paradisehost
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Reading the earlier reviews says it's all already been said. I would add that it should definitely been considered as a winter (out of "season") destination. The roads to Vogel are kept (or quickly made) clear, even it the heaviest of snows. Unfortunately, we haven't had many heavy snows in the past few years. In winter, Vogel is much quieter, a relaxing setting. IF you can get a cabin, there's wood available for a fire in their fireplaces, but, even in the winter, the cabins are regularly booked out. Brave enough? Try winter camping out in one of the near endless and excellent camp sites. Each has a fire pit and, again, wood is available as the park's store. Bring heavy duty sleeping bags. My first experience with Vogel Park, forty four years ago, was on a night where there was nearly two feet of snow and the morning temperature was around 17 degrees. Beautiful, fun and always to be remembered.

2  Thank Ron J
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife live in the area. We have been to Vogel several times for festivals. Two years ago, we took my granddaughter there so that she and I could swim in the man-made lake, look at the dam, and in general have a ball. The entry fee is small enough that I have forgotten what it is.