“Good food”

Cooks Country Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pelzer, South Carolina
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food was good but a certain lady was not a good server. My husband and I needed a refill on coffee. I told our server that we would like more coffee. She got the pots and set them down on an empty table next to ours and took a plate of food to a regular customer - she started talking to them and after a while I finally got up and poured our coffee.

Visited April 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I'm from the south so I have high expectations of southern food. Right off its looks like a cafeteria but the food is really good! The prices are very reasonable and there was a lot of space for my family of 6. The bread pudding is to die for! If we come back to blairsville we will absolute come back to the cookie jar again!

Newnan, Georgia
“Mixed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

My experiences with food at Cooks have been mixed...have been there twice. First time, had a great burger...the next a not-so-great lunch buffet. The mashed potatoes had undercooked chunks of potato mixed in...green beans tasted straight out of the can...and squash casserole was bitter.
The service for us was not friendly, but the place was full of locals who the staff seem to know and provide better service. Our server waited on other booths and chatted with friends while we could not get refills or a package of mayo we'd asked for.
The prices are very good and you can get a decent lunch...but don't expect to feel at home.

• Visited March 2014
Georgia
“Bad Service & Unfriendly Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The staff here were not friendly at all. Upon entering the restaurant, we were not greeted so stood there and waited to be seated. In the mean time, a lady and man came in behind us. They knew we were there first but the server escorted them to the next available table. We were left standing there, when someone sitting at a table, yelled, :Sit anywhere you want." We finally found a seat and decided to eat from their buffet, which was a bad mistake, The girl serving the food acted like she was doing us a favor when we asked a question about an item, We didn't know what it was, so we asked. The food was just barely warm and not seasoned at all. The server never came back and asked if everything was ok nor did she refill our drinks. Once we were finished, we had to go to the register to get our check, because nobody brought it to us. We were made to feel like we weren't even there, Not a warm friendly atmosphere at all and the food wasn't good either. We won't be going back there to eat!

• Visited February 2014
“Yummy Christmas Eve breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My family was vacationing in Union County during Christmas break and wanted to go out for breakfast one morning, instead of cooking. My mother-in-law wanted country ham especially. We picked the right place! The ham was good and salty and the pieces we got were huge. The biscuits were light and the hash browns very tasty. The coffee wasn't too strong and the waitress never let it get below a half a cup. The view from our table was fabulous! The mountains were covered with thick frost. Next time I'm in Blairsville, I'd go back.

Visited December 2013