“Good eats”

Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Sawmill Place is a Farm to Table cabin eatery nestled in the North Georgia Mountains just outside of scenic Blairsville, Ga. It serves breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Me and the little woman went there for breakfast and loved the food. The only problem was the wait for a table. I can see why there was a wait because they have the best breakfast in Blairsville.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Wow! What a great breakfast! The pancakes are huge, the coffee is good, and it's a wonderful family meal. We have been to a lot of local restaurants, and have been back here several times, and will continue to do so!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Locals come from many miles away to have breakfast, and you certainly can see why. I absolutely hate the trite phrase "Farm to Table", but it is apt for this restaurant. They have a chalk board in the dining room showing where they source their produce, eggs, etc. Best eggs I have ever tasted. Great Grits. In fact everything served to our table was incredible. If you are in the area at breakfast time, do yourself a favor and eat here

Reviewed May 24, 2018

Very good food best biscuits in the world service isn’t that great they can’t keep up but food was great !!!

Reviewed May 24, 2018

First time we have tried the Saw Mill, we visit the area for a conference at Brasstown every other spring. Read the reviews thought it would be worth a try. So glad we did.

We got there about 10am on Friday 5/18, and it was pretty busy. We were given a buzzer and told it would take 10 to 15 minutes to be seated. No problem, only another couple was ahead of us and the breakfast rush was starting to slack off.

While we were waiting on the spacious, clean porch a kind waitress caught my wife's eyes through the plate glass window where she was pouring up coffee and motioned if we wanted some. Of course!! She made us two big steaming hot cups of some real good quality coffee that made the ten minute wait seem like only a minute.

Inside the other diners seemed to be a mix of travelers and locals and all were enjoying their meals. We ordered the basic breakfast eggs, bacon biscuit and gravy. It was better than any Cracker Barrel, and I'm not knocking Cracker Barrel. You can tell the eggs are fresh and local. The bacon was thick and cooked perfectly, crispy but not burnt. And the biscuits are better than any chain restaurant the traveler is going to stop at off the interstate.

In sum: Great breakfast, very friendly, smiling staff, clean and pleasant building (some reviews say too small, I don't think so, I say "just right"). Fair prices, good portions. I'm a big eater and I did not leave hungry. So next time you are in Blairsville, turn on your GPS and head about five minutes in the country away from the center of town. You'll be glad you did....