Went to Blood Mtn while our school system was on a fall break 9-18-2006. So it was quite up there in that area normally its busy. We got the Rabbit cabin by the little stream and yes you are close to the road, trucks can be loud but it was quieter this time of year than it was while we camped down the road in June. Looking at other cabin prices its a good deal on the wallet. I never stayed in a cabin like this poss rustic one as a kid . It had that cabin smell so take Lysol or frebreeze to spray curtains and cloth chairs........ It really needed a sturdy couch or better futon that it did. The loft was great to hear the rain beds were good but one problem. Bedroom downstairs no room to walk for a big person at foot of bed. The bed takes up whole room and walking in front is very tight. Another complaint grill yipes. Needs to be thrown away there was a better one at the cabin store IF WE HAD GRILLED I WOULD HAVE ASK TO TRADE, Hopefully the one at rabbit will get trashed.
The view was nice, we had a fire in the fireplace. Plenty of good pots to cook with, yes mixed forks n stuff but who cares. Nice stove and good ref. for the food. Some wear to the fan above the stove so that needs to be replaced bad, so to make it look better.
Shower is tight but plenty of towels never had a problem there . Many hotels that can be a problem. Its not a hotel so they do not make your beds or clean up until you leave. Which was fine with me, I even ran the vacume one day..........George who helps run the place is a great , nice guy very helpful what to do etc and in this post I will tell you a few things. His store has a few things, like can sodas, fire supplies, trinkets to buy. But head north 3 miles to Sunrise for apples, home made jelly, icecream, tomatoes, fishing things etc. Sunrise place to stop for sure to look around. Pappys on the River a few miles north, eat at Suzzane's on the river, nice view of Nottley while eating GREAT food, good price! While there get popcorn, fudge at a shop,maybe float on tubes. For falls See High Shoals better than Heaton falls, see Dicks creek falls too, go to Brasstown Bald, Vogel state park or Lake Scott for fishing. There are plenty of trails to pick, if your able walk do Blood Mountain, we wanted to do Raven Cliffs but 2.3 miles and underdeveloped. Helen is a tourist trap.Go to the "Gold Mine Town "lots to see on their square, eat , shops , wine store etc.
* check out their Green Mansion Cabins a little more costly by same people.*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our cabins are at a 3,000 foot elevation and the temperature never gets over 81 in the summer. We are next to the Appalachian Trail and surrounded by waterfalls and beautiful drives. Some cabins are on secluded roads and one is on the river. Some have jacuzzi tubs for 2 people. The owners are available to help you find the activities you want such as: fishing, tubing, hiking,& swimming. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blood Mountain Cabins And Country Store
- Blood Mountain Cabins & Country Store Hotel Blairsville