“Amazing Experience!!!”

A Step Above Stables
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I went there with my boyfriend for our anniversery for a private trail ride. He had grown up around horses and he was missing being around them so I thought this would be perfect. I on the other hand have only seen a horse up close twice in my life let alone ride one. I picked A Step Above Stables because the other reviews I read about this place said they were excellent with kids and they all had an excellent tour guide (and they did not disappoint!). I called ahead to schedule my appointment (make sure its a couple of days in advance, they tend to book up pretty quickly) and I informed them that I had never ridden a horse in my life. When we arrived I was very nervous but they put me at ease. They gave me the biggest horse to ride, but he was also the most clam horse, not to say the others weren't. I asked one of the people working there to walk with me ridding the horse down the driveway because I was still very nervous and she was more then willing to help me out. Throughout the trail ride our tour guide kept on talking about the horses and he was more then willing to answer any questions we had (don't be fooled by his young age or youthful appearence, he knows what he's talking about). The hour that I had booked flew by very quickly and I really enjoyed my time there. I will be going back hopefully soon! The only thing that bothered me was that there was horse feces everywhere, on the trail I can understand but it was also on the driveway and the road. But other then that I could tell that these guys take really good care of the animals there and they are the primary concern which was really impressive.

1  Thank Sana P
"year olds"
in 5 reviews
"hour ride"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this stable"
"small children"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I visited A Step Above Stables this past weekend and we had a great experience. The horses were calm and easy to ride. The trail ride was one hour long and the scenery was beautiful. Our trail guide, Jeremy, was very friendly and knowledgable. We would definitely go back!

1  Thank Carrie O
Reviewed October 7, 2012

While on our last vacation of the year, my wife and I decided to go horseback riding for the first time in our 22 years of marriage and we chose A Step Above Stables. We had learned of A Step Above through our Facebook page and from everything I read, we were really hoping for and expecting a memorable experience. Initially, there was a bit of concern for both of us, since we have very little riding experience. In fact, neither of us had ridden in about 18 years. After speaking with Jan, she assured us that Curtis and Jeremy would take good care of us, and she was right. From the first time we met Curtis, I was impressed that he took the time to explain their operating philosophies. Additionally, based on our lack of experience, he made sure that we were matched to the correct horse. So that I don't leave Kim out, she made sure to saddle up our horses and she also made sure that my wife was good and comfortable in her saddle. After that, we were turned over to Jeremy who took us out on the trail. We found his conversation to be very entertaining and enjoyable throughout the duration of our ride. He made us feel very comfortable too as he spent quite a bit of time sharing stories of his many trail riding experiences. My wife had no problem at all with her horse, Bill, other than it seeming to want to snack on a few bushes from time to time...he was very gentle. My horse seemed to be an old pro, Big John, and I rarely had to guide him at all...he was great!

In closing, it's always a good feeling when you feel as though you've made some new friends, and after this experience, we fell as though we've made some GREAT new friends! We will certainly visit A Step Above Stables during out future trips to the Blairsville area, and we highly recommend them to you if you are considering horseback riding (or purchasing a horse).

**By the way, upon the conclusion of the ride, I realized that I had dropped my camera somewhere along the trail. Thankfully and without hesitation, Jeremy jumped on his four wheeler and raced off to retrieve it for me! That was an added bonus and we are indeed grateful since it had many of our vacation pics stored in it!

1  Thank Sonny D
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I took my grandson here for his first horse ride. They told him his horses name and how to ride. Helmets are required for younger riders. The horses were very calm and seemed well cared for (which is very important to me). Our guide took us for a ride and told us about the deer that sometimes follow his rides. This was a happy and exciting day for my grandson and me.