“Great horses, beautiful trail!”

A Step Above Stables
Winder, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great horses, beautiful trail!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I visited A Step Above Stables this past weekend and we had a great experience. The horses were calm and easy to ride. The trail ride was one hour long and the scenery was beautiful. Our trail guide, Jeremy, was very friendly and knowledgable. We would definitely go back!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Carrie O

Valdosta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A Perfect Experience!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

While on our last vacation of the year, my wife and I decided to go horseback riding for the first time in our 22 years of marriage and we chose A Step Above Stables. We had learned of A Step Above through our Facebook page and from everything I read, we were really hoping for and expecting a memorable experience. Initially, there was a bit of concern for both of us, since we have very little riding experience. In fact, neither of us had ridden in about 18 years. After speaking with Jan, she assured us that Curtis and Jeremy would take good care of us, and she was right. From the first time we met Curtis, I was impressed that he took the time to explain their operating philosophies. Additionally, based on our lack of experience, he made sure that we were matched to the correct horse. So that I don't leave Kim out, she made sure to saddle up our horses and she also made sure that my wife was good and comfortable in her saddle. After that, we were turned over to Jeremy who took us out on the trail. We found his conversation to be very entertaining and enjoyable throughout the duration of our ride. He made us feel very comfortable too as he spent quite a bit of time sharing stories of his many trail riding experiences. My wife had no problem at all with her horse, Bill, other than it seeming to want to snack on a few bushes from time to time...he was very gentle. My horse seemed to be an old pro, Big John, and I rarely had to guide him at all...he was great!

In closing, it's always a good feeling when you feel as though you've made some new friends, and after this experience, we fell as though we've made some GREAT new friends! We will certainly visit A Step Above Stables during out future trips to the Blairsville area, and we highly recommend them to you if you are considering horseback riding (or purchasing a horse).

**By the way, upon the conclusion of the ride, I realized that I had dropped my camera somewhere along the trail. Thankfully and without hesitation, Jeremy jumped on his four wheeler and raced off to retrieve it for me! That was an added bonus and we are indeed grateful since it had many of our vacation pics stored in it!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sonny D
Blairsville, Georgia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Calm, happy horses...”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I took my grandson here for his first horse ride. They told him his horses name and how to ride. Helmets are required for younger riders. The horses were very calm and seemed well cared for (which is very important to me). Our guide took us for a ride and told us about the deer that sometimes follow his rides. This was a happy and exciting day for my grandson and me.

maesmom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great family experience”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We took our girls for pony rides and they got a chance to ride a horse! They loved every minute. The two teenage guides were very comfortable with young children and that helped the kids adjust well to large animals.

Visited September 2012
Dallas, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place for Horseback Riding”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family has been to A Step Above Stables several times this year. The trails are beautiful and they have a wonderful family atmosphere.There have several different trails for you to choose from, and they always allow you to ride with the party you came with rather then sending you out with a group of people you don't know. This makes the experience so much more enjoyable.

Visited June 2012