“Excellence”

Jim's Smokin' Que
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mom & Pop restaurant...great pulled pork sandwiches & baby back ribs AND consistently GOOD!
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Excellence”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hesitate to write this because he will get even more crowded!! Only open Thursday, Friday & Saturday and they pack them in!! Ribs are the best in the Southeast. Sides are good also. We are lucky to have this close to us in the mountains.

• Visited August 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Rackum up Baby”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Awesome, tasty, filling....this is "Q" baby. We go to Blairsville every year to get our Sourwood Honey and planned in advance to eat at Jim's Smokin Que and am I ever glad we did. We ordered a full rack of ribs, half a chicken, pint of tater salad, pint of fresh slaw, quart of beans and Jim's wife threw in a healthy helping of their signature pulled pork for us to try, OMG, OMG. We sat and grazed until we waddled out of the place grinning from ear to ear in the delight of a great dinner.
I checked that they take reservations and they do..."for their food", I highly suggest you reserve your food (ribs and chicken) in advance of your arrival as they DO RUN OUT and when their out, their out. We have enjoyed Que all over this great country and Jim's is without a doubt in the top three and the nice thing about Jim's is that it was all good not just this or that, but all of it, the slaw, the beans, the tater salad, everything was great including the atmosphere and the staff. This little place in the mountains of North Georgia is a must do 5+ Stars....Enjoy

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Buckrogers7399
“Extremely rude!!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have been going here since they opened; Today I called ahead to order my food for pick up... They asked me how long I would be I said seven minutes. When I got there I noticed that it would be longer for fries So I simply said if you're going to be waiting on fries for my order I will take beans instead. The female owner then said I cannot cut in front of other people. She said this will be the last time I do it that way. All I was trying to do was change my order from fries to beans. I certainly wasn't trying to cut in front of anybody because I don't know where everybody else's order is. Maybe they should make one order of fries at a time. But certainly they shouldn't be rude to a customer. I will not go back there

• Visited July 2014
9 Thank Lawya
Foley, Alabama
“Awesome, awesome awesome!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Found this place while tubing in Helen. Have to say that we ordered one of everything for our party of 6 and shared it. Everything was awesome! Loved the rolls the sandwiches were served on. WAY better than a traditional bun. My personal favorite was the brisket. In all of my travels this place rates in at number two in over 100 and that is only because dining space was limited when we arrived! There were outside tables on the porch and on the side but even those were full. Did not see the mini key lime pies until we were on our way out so technically did not order everything. haha......next time! This is worth a trip. By the way, portions are HUGE!

• Visited July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

When the server asks you if you need anything else, you will want to ask for another stomach. I had the half rack of ribs and it was bigger than a full rack for the usual chains. Food is great, and they are not chintzy with it. You will need to go box, and you will happy for the second helping.

Visited July 2014