“Outrageously good!”

Jim's Smokin' Que
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mom & Pop restaurant...great pulled pork sandwiches & baby back ribs AND consistently GOOD!
Bokeelia, Florida
“Outrageously good!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I have heard nothing but great things about this place. Not your traditional BBQ joint! Walk in the door, up to the counter, place your order and then find a cozy little seat and wait to smell that sweet pulled pork. The pulled pork sandwich was piled high on a "made with love" sweet roll. Coleslaw was to die for and the crinkle cut fries were nice and crisp. Can't wait to eat their again, but I might have to buy some bigger jeans!! ;)

New England
“Trust the reviews!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I flew down to ATL to visit the hubby while he was on business for a couple of weeks. HAD to get out of the metroplex for a day and we headed north. After looking around online, we found this awesome joint.

We pulled in just after 11am on a Saturday and after reading some reviews, I knew this place was going to get busy so we skedaddled right on in. When barbeque is for lunch, well...anytime is the right time to eat! And when it's this good? Bonus!

Seriously good pulled pork that just buried my roll. Sides were beans and slaw - both very tasty. But you know what really blew my socks off? Jim's wife (sorry, her name is escaping me right now) gave us some smoked turkey to try. Wow was that good! Juicy, smoky, tender. Just incredible.

There are two sauces created by Jim and made for him now. A traditional sweeter sauce and one with a nice (but not incendiary) kick. You can buy bottles to take home.

Now this sounds weird, but take a minute to look at the furniture - much of it was made by Jim - he's an interesting guy to talk to and has had many careers over the years.

Great food, wonderful folks, fun atmosphere. And the place was HOPPING by the time we left - that really says it all.

• Visited January 2013
Blairsville, Georgia
“BBQ to die for!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a great family run restaurant. The BBQ and sides are always delicious. I am quite fussy about meat and the shredded pork is always perfect, no fat or gnarlies found! Jim's sauces are excellent and you can purchase them also.

• Visited February 2013
Chattanooga, TN
“One word - franchise! This place needs to go viral!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is AMAZING and I am a bbq lover having served it even at my wedding! The chicken is lightly smoked, moist and tender. Ditto for the ribs. The pulled pork is perfect. The sides are wonderful - baked beans, macaroni salad (once I got past the not-elbow-macaroni!), cole slaw, brunswick stew, etc etc. Apparently the sweet potato fries are to-die-for but we managed to not order any!

After ordering at the counter, you help yourself to sodas or sweet/unsweet tea, rip off as many of the practically-fabric-papertowels you think you will need and find a seat. Soon an abundance of food is delivered. Two people could easily split an entree with a couple sides apiece. Although over-eating is highly likely because it is all just that good.

My only disappointment was I was too full to try dessert!

Oh, and buy some sauce to take home - the 'hot' sauce is not really hot, yet it has an amazing flavor - everything is superb.

There was one more disappointment - when are you opening a store in my neighborhood!!! WORTH THE 2-HOUR DRIVE TO BLAIRSVILLE!!! Come early if you want ribs - I hear they run out and they are OVERRUN with locals - who know a good thing.

Don't forget to look at the sign outside the front door - owners have a SENSE OF HUMOR. And pick up a free bumper sticker while you're there!

• Visited February 2013
Georgia
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The pork was excellent! The servings were huge, and the service was friendly. My husband and I will definitely return when in the area. I really enjoyed the sauce. Prices were reasonable. A great value and an enjoyable experience.