“This is one of my favorites”
Review of FATZ - CLOSED

FATZ
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the atmosphere and the food here. I left off one star because I have had just a couple of service issues but the managers are good about coming around saying hello and checking on tables. I swear by the spinach salad with the hot bacon dressing and the chef salad is also excellent. The ribs, burgers and chicken are all good, if you have room for any meal after enjoying the poppy seed fried buns with honey butter that they bring to the table - yum! There are several good mom & pop eateries in town but when you want something a little more mountain special, this is the place.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

All you can eat ribs, combined with fried rolls and honey butter, sweet cole slaw and sweet tea equals one of the best rib meals I have ever had! The restaurant is homey, friendly and efficient with excellent service at check in and at the table. At this time the rib special is on several nights a week - don't miss it if you are in the area!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our first visit to a Fatz and enjoyed our meals very much. Appreciated the sample of Calabash Chicken that our server offered us since we hadn't been there before. We liked the sample and I ordered the Calabash Chicken Wrap which was very good and my husband had the Lunch Calabash Combo with popcorn shrimp and chicken. He liked his meal but would probably stick wih the just the chicken. The Poppy Seed rolls with Cinnamon butter were tasty and addicting! Our server was personable and efficient. Our food was served promptly and as ordered. We liked our lunch so well that we stopped again two days later on our return trip through Blairsville. Food and service were great - just like the first visit. Would definitely stop at this Fatz or another location again!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Wife and I decided to give Fatz a try. First time to eat at any of the Fatz we have see during our adventures around north Georgia. Restaurant was nice, clean and over all look very nice. We order sweet tea to drink which was excellent. I had beer battered fried shrimp and my wife ordered a well done fully dressed cheeseburger. We both ordered fries. The time from ordering to receiving our food was about normal. Overall the food was very good, with two exceptions. Her burger was a bit pink in the center, not well done. The second thing was that the beer batter shrimp had way too much batter on them, so much that it really took away from the tenderness and excellent flavor of the shrimp and Fatz cocktail sauce. Bottom line. Will we go back again? 'You betcha'. Would we recommend this restaurant to our family and friends? Yep!!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped in for the $12.99 All You Can Eat Rib special the other night. The place was packed but the service was excellent from the hostess to the server to the manager. Everyone was very attentive to our needs. The ribs and fries were one of the best in the area and they just kept them coming. I had the Lite Sirloin with broccoli & a house salad that would have even been delicious on its own. All in all A+++. We would definitely go back.