“Anil K Chakraberti Great Hospitality”

Key West Inn, Baxley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Baxley
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Anil K Chakraberti Great Hospitality”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Recently my wife and I visited Bexley on our way to Florida. We had the chance to take a look at the newly renovated Key West Inn. The manager who was on duty at the time showed us around the motel. All the rooms were clean and equipped with microwave, refrigerator, wi-fi connection and adequate furniture for short visits. The swimming pool is very enticing and the breakfast quality is rated excellent. We did not stay overnight at the motel but the manager assured us that the mattresses are new. I could not comment on the sleep quality but the neighborhood is quiet.

I would whole-heartedly recommend it to any body traveling through Bexley.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back for quietness.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
WNY
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stop here on our way to and from Florida. It's clean and has free wireless internet. They have a breakfast buffet but I did not even look at it so I can't comment. There is a great breakfast place up the street -- Huddle House.

Key West Inn has the basics: hairdryer, iron & board, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and everything is clean.

There is no elevator so if you get a room on the second floor, you have to carry your bags up the stairs. The staff is very nice. I'm sure that if you had trouble carrying your bags someone would do it for you.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Whenever I visit Baxley, I stay at the Key West Inn. Whether coming in early or late at night, the staff is always courteous and helpful. They try their best to accommodate me. It's very clean and quiet. I like that the rooms are inside and the outside doors are locked for safety. This is the best hotel in town!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My vehicle died during a buiness trip, causing me to unexpectedly spend two nights in Baxley. I chose the Key West Inn and I'm glad I did. I found the hotel to be clean and quiet, more than adequate for my needs. The king size bed was very comfortable. The management and staff were very helpful in helping me to secure my valuables and recommending local garages. As a woman who often travels alone I prefer rooms with access from indoors only. I think this is the only hotel in Baxley that offers that feature. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Turn the cover down to go to bed, and----chip crumbs or cracker crumbs on the sheet. It was late and the desk clerk did not speek very good English, so we slep on the top sheet. Next morning the comode was stopped up, notified the morning clerk and we went to breakfast. Came back after two hours, still stopped up. I ask one of the ladies making up beds for help and very nice of her to bring me a plunger. I unstopped to crap hole and we left the motel. Wife and I have been staying here two times a year since the hotel opened. We have been coming to Baxley once or twice a year for 47 years. We may stay in Dothan from now on. Bye!

Room Tip: This hotel is better than any other in Baxley. In the past, the service has been exc. The rooms wa...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hospitalty_Manager, General Manager at Key West Inn, Baxley, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
I am truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience to you during your stay. That particular room ought not to have been rented that night. Atypically, weekend mornings are busy with lot of traffic in and out so rooms where guests have checked out are the first ones that cleaning and housekeeping staff attend to, and the room that you were in, being on one end of the floor, they did not get to it by the time you returned. I deeply regret that your room was not attended to right away, next morning. I have looked into this and spoken to our staff about assigning and responding to immediate priorities.

From your posting, I understand that it was late and you didn’t mean to fuss so you did not report ‘the crumbs’ to the front desk staff who would have changed your room. We are an equal opportunity employer and our Front Desk Staff are educated, experienced, vetted and trained to respond to guests immediate needs including emergencies and all of them speak fluent English. Please feel free to approach them and let them know what you need. They are there to serve you, resolve issues and make your stay comfortable.

Guests like you who consistently keep coming back and made us grow with your referrals to friend and family and we value that. The many amenities comfort and safety intangibles that this hotel provides are incidental. Do feel welcomed back. E-mail me at guest.relations. baxley@gmail.com or call me at the hotel. I assure you we will strive harder to make sure guests are better served.

Rajeshree Patel
augusta Georgia, USA
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed here recently and my stay was very pleaseant. The room was very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. The pool was relaxing as well. The water was warm and not too cold. Pete, the night clerk was very informative of the area and very helpful and hospitable with my needs during my stay there. I went swimming with a few of my friends and they used my all towels in my room and when I requested more towels, he got me some fresh towels promptly. Overall I enjoyed my stay there and would reccomend this hotel to anyone!!! Thanks Pete!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank leonreid50012001
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Unexpected stay in Baxley. The Key West Inn was a pleasant surprise. They allowed my dog to stay in the room with me (even though there is a sign that says "no dogs allowed") for only a $10 charge. The staff went out of their way to be welcoming and hospitable. I was terrified about staying here after reading some reviews from 2010, but they must have changed management/owners. There were NO bugs, and the room was cleaner than most 4 star hotels I've stayed in. I would recommend staying here to anyone who stays in Baxley.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Buster146
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxley
Budget Host Inn
#4 of 5 in Baxley
Days Inn Alma
Days Inn Alma
#2 of 2 in Alma

Been to Key West Inn, Baxley? Share your experiences!