“get the brunswick stew”

Georgia South Barbeque
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Barnesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 2, 2012

we had it delivered to the store I work at for a congratulatory dinner. It was pretty good. The brunswic stew is worth going back for all by itself.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was one of my college highlights. Barnesville is a small town with a lot of character. But Georgia South is one of the best parts of the town. being a college student on a tight budget its a blessing when you can go out to eat with friends and enjoy great food without having to apply for a student loan. I never felt like a stranger there. Its family owned and they are very personable. And i love that southern sweet tea. So if you are ever in the area stop in and give it a try, you will not regret it.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Whenever i am in Barnesville I always stop by for a BBQ sandwich to go and a glass of sweet tea!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

The place is so southern hospitality. It is small but has the atmosphere of a BBQ joint. The prices are very affordable with discounts to local college students. The owner is the cook and he is the greatest as well. My family and I eat hotwings here every weekend. Stop by and give it a try!

Reviewed December 31, 2010

I had a pork BBQ sandwich and some chicken wings. All house made sauces and intriguing daily specials. I wish I wasn't too full to try the Brunswick Stew. They also had homemade deserts, including a southern tradition: Red Velvet Cake -- this one with buttercream icing detailed with pecans (I think). I also liked the family style dining room and had a nice conversation with the locals and the wait staff, who were all very personable. Gotta love that Southern Hospitality. Give this place a shot if you're touring Middle Georgia, like on your way to the Little White House.