“Must see this gardens when you come to Georgia.”
Review of Gibbs Gardens

Gibbs Gardens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: 220 acres of artistically landscaped gardens surrounded by majestic forest, spring-fed ponds, streams, waterfalls and bridge crossings. Sixteen garden venues include four feature gardens including the Daffodil Gardens, 50 acres of daffodils with more than 20 million blooms, blooming from March to mid-April; the Manor House Gardens, designed to offer color in spring, summer and fall, with lush terraces, waterfalls, sweeping lawns and woodland; the Monet Waterlily Gardens, featuring 140 varieties of waterlilies blooming from late spring through fall; the Japanese Gardens spanning more than 40 acres with spring-fed ponds, islands, bridges, boulders, rocks and 40 handcrafted Japanese lanterns. A large collection of Japanese maples provide brilliant colors in autumn. We welcome you to visit the Gardens at least once every three weeks, from March through mid-December, to see its ever changing beauty. While you're here enjoy a bite to eat from our Arbor Cafe, ride our tram through the perimeter of the Gardens and don't leave us without stopping in The Seasons gift store to pick up a gift for a loved one or that special friend.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Must see this gardens when you come to Georgia.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a definite must see when you visit Ball Ground, GA. This is the largest Japanese Garden in the U.S. This garden took many years to develope into what you see today.

If you visit the gardens make sure you take time out for a lunch break at the little pavillion there. They have the best home made sandwiches and desserts. It only has outside eating but is well worth it.

Be sure to bring your camera. You won't want to miss seeing this.

Sue Healey

Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
Kennesaw, GA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Favorite day trip to date!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I made a last minute decision to visit Gibbs Gardens one beautiful Saturday afternoon. I must say, I was not disappointed. Even though I missed the full daffodil blooms, it was still breathtaking! The Japanese Gardens are phenomenal. I make a decision to not see the Manor House because I have to bring my mother with me next time. I can only imagine the gardens there. I look forward to many more day trips. Can't wait for the roses to bloom, which should be shortly and the water lilies. Even a novice photographer can come out with some great shots!

Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
133 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Spectacular Garden experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We visited the daffodil festival in the first week of April. It was a spectacular experience - Hills covered by daffodils - you could walk and run through fields of daffodils. Every body in our group had an awesome time. My 3 year old had so much fun running around the gardens and posing for pictures - my mom and dad thoroughly enjoyed the manicured gardens - My wife and I loved the reconnecting with nature and just enjoying a beautiful bright sunny day taking in the fragrances of the daffodils. The walk to Manor House was just gorgeous. And the Japanese Gardens was a sight to behold - absolutely amazing. And off course with the 3 year old - we rode the trams...twice :)

We had lunch at the Garden Cafe - the Pimento cheese sandwich was awesome - And don't miss the Cream Cheese Pound Cake - My toddler got it and we had to beg him to some pieces - it was that good.

We will make it a regular fixture on our spring calendar.

Smyrna, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Daffodil festival was beautiful”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous Gardens with views of the mountains and reasonably priced. Has the largest Japanesse Garden in America. I went a little early in the spring when a lot of things were not blooming so I would wait and go in the late spring!

1 Thank CresAnne
Douglasville, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful way to get out if the city”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Several friends and I made a Saturday trip to the gardens. We knew the daffodils would be nearly gone, but were excited to see the beauty in the rest of the gardens. It was peaceful and relaxing to sit on benches and explore the trails.

We even brought a picnic and enjoyed the tables outside the gardens. Staff were friendly and helpful.