“how this place need to be closed down”

Howard Johnson Bainbridge South
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bainbridge
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have been coming to this place for about twenty something years. It has went from good to unliveable. Big roaches, black spiders, trashy drawers, serious plumbing problems. Will not be coming back any more. They stated about new renovations all lies. Everything they advertised is a lie. Please read reviews before booking your rooms. Run for your life. They treat you nasty.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank p00kie239

Reviewed October 13, 2012

When we arrived, the person behind the desk was VERY rude. She refused to speak, even after saying hello twice. So I moved on to business, but honestly I wanted to just leave, but all the other hotels were booked. But that place needs MAJOR upgrades..the stay was quite uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Pricethehotels
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The rooms were dirty and the bathrooms looked as if there was dirt on the walls. We learned that was how they'd been painted. We had to be moved because of the poor lighting. The room we moved to wasn't much better. We opened the fridge in one of the rooms and a live bug ran out. The staff there were friendly and helpful and the price was right but we'll never stay again until the owners clean it up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carole Skinner J
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I admit I have a soft spot for the older "motor lodge"-type hotels with large pools situated on wide grasy lawns (remember those?) Charter House Inn is such a place - originally built as a classic roadside Holiday Inn. It looked well kept and the check-in staff was friendly and helpful. But the room was dingy, worn out, and very beat up! Worst of all, the a/c unit was unacceptably loud. I could see into other rooms along the corridor which were nicely remodeled, but they were about $10 more. The clerk graciously moved me to a newer room (facing the courtyard ) without any additional charge.

Then night came, and it seemed everyone in town was in the hotel's bar. I found out the next morning that what I had witnessed was "wing night" (what does that tell you?) . All the smoking patrons hung out by the pool patio late onto the night/early morning; needless to say they were drunk and loud...and couldn't care less. I would have loved to have back that unacceptably loud a/c to drone out the noise! The new room's a/c didn't have a constant fan-only setting, so I had to keep the temperature blasting cold in order to keep the fan going to drown out the drunks. A very cold and noisy night. My advice: ask for a renovated room far away from the hot wings!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank dpohunter
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Bad service checking in and horrible checking out, shower doesn't have curtains, you can receive calls in the room, filthy rooms and to top it off there was a coffee maker but no coffee
Oh forgot the pice is NOT $48 it's actually $69 at least it was the special for the night.
This hotel was recommended by the locals while I was in town foe business just because it had a bar with $1 wings....hmmmmm it makes me wonder about those wings now.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2010

By far, my worst experience ever at a hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE! There is a Days Inn right next door, stay there. The first night I went to turn on the light, which was unplugged, then noticed the cigarette ashes behind the dresser in my non-smoking room. My company was renting out a conference room which I had to request to be vacuumed. After about 4 hours of waiting, finally a maid came. She vacuumed for about 1 minute then said she had a "Doctor's appointment" and had to leave. So, I ended up vacuuming the entire room myself. I asked the bar back to put in a order of wings. He told me he wasn't allowed. I asked if he could relay the order to the bartender when he/she arrived. I was then lectured by the bartender/GM why the bar back employee wasn't allowed to take my order. There was a private party with food next to our room. I borrowed a plate, fork, and knife so I could eat my lunch in the next room and then was accused of eating off the buffett and that I had to pay. I went to watch TV in the lobby and was scolded by the maintenance guy who was covering the front desk that I wasn't suppose to change the channel and I was acting like, "I own the place."

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank ryro2255
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I am a truck driver, and finding a motel/hotel with truck parking, can prove difficult, and finding ANY hotel at a late hour, can be difficult. I was on the road, heading for Bainbridge, and was on the phone with home. My roomate was on line looking for a place for me to stay, when I got to Bainbridge. The Charter House advertised all sorts of ammenities, and looked great, so I found it and stopped for the night. Although the desk clerk was very nice, and gave me a special truckers rate, the rest of the visit was terrible. The hotel has a nightclub that blasts loud music till at least 2:00AM, The room was dirty, with broken, worn-out funiture. Lamps without bulbs, Mold in the bathroom, and sticky dried up liquid of some kind in the microwave. (I would not think of using it) After the nightclub closed, a group of noisy rowdy people, hung out for an hour or two, in front of the building. My room was just upstairs from this area. Do yourself a favor, STAY ELSEWHERE>

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank tankertrucker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Quality Inn Bainbridge
EconoLodge Donalsonville
EconoLodge Donalsonville
#1 of 3 in Donalsonville
Best Western Executive Inn

Been to Howard Johnson Bainbridge South? Share your experiences!