Commodore Bed & Breakfast
$51
Palmer Motel(Bainbridge)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I stay at the Commodore B&B everytime I go to Bainbridge Ga. I LOVE this place. I love swimming in the pool...although everytime I go, I seem to bring the rain, but I have gotten to swim a few times while I've been there. I love sitting on the front porch, it takes me back in time and they have a screened in back porch for when the bugs are out. I feel safe when I stay there, I'm warmly greeted when I come home from work and I'm sent on my way in the mornings with a very good breakfast in my stomach. They make sure I eat!!! I love to listen to the stories the owners tell about the history of the town and house. I hate going out of town, but I truly look forward to each visit I have at the Commodore. I've never called that I did not get a reservation and the owners make me feel like a true southern bell when I'm there. IF I could rate this B&B a 10 I would. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to stay there. I keep thinking some day I'll get to go there just for rest and relaxation!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I recently made a reservation at this B&B for an extended stay while on business. I called 3 weeks before arrival to inquire about moving up my arrival date and was informed that there was no reservation in my name. I was informed that the room i was promised had been confirmed to another group who would be occupying the entire house for a full month. This seemed suspicious to me since i had made my reservation nearly 2 months before and had spent nearly an hour on the phone with Phil (the innkeeper and inept reservation taker) confirming the dates and negotiating the rate. He not only denied ever taking my reservation but also claimed that he never recalled speaking to me. I was able to provide spefic items in the conversation (like the fact that they didnt take american express, so i used a visa to book and the specific room name that i was to stay in) but, Phil dimissed me rudely basically claiming that I was maknig up the whole event. Both innkeepers I spoke with regarding this problem were rude and snotty, offering no appology or even recognition of an error. In my opinion I was bumped due to an incoming group that would be taking up the whole B&B and generating more revenue. You are better off the the local Jamison Inn where the staff is freindly and you reservation is always honored.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank rjsdodger
ParkerHudson55, Owner at Commodore Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2009

We receive a number of telephone calls requesting information about our Bed & Breakfast, including availability of dates and descriptions of the rooms. Each caller is advised that we only make reservations after we receive a credit card number. The deposit is 50% of the charge. The credit card in run through the system at 50% of the charge after the reservation is placed. We have never, in the last 10 years, had a situation where a room has not been available for a booked reservation.

Reviewed February 8, 2008

The Commodore became my favorite B&B almost as soon as we pulled through the private, gated drive. The yard is beautifully landscaped and has the most amazing old oak tree imaginable (complete with spanish moss and outdoor bird cages). The owners treated us like pampered guests. The lovingly restored interior of this 1838 mansion is filled with antiques and tastefully, eclectic, original art. Jewel tone color permeate the house. Our rooms did not disappoint.. The bed linens were luxuriously comfortable and reminiscent of a five star hotel. We had everything we needed or wanted. From televisions, well stocked refrigerators, microwaves, to snack baskets (complete with cookies, crackers, popcorn, and a very thoughtful selection of sugar free items). Breakfast is made to order. We chose scrambled eggs, English muffins and fresh fruit. It was tasty and came with great conversation. The owners, Phil and Quinton are truly hospitable and very friendly. The next time I travel any where near Bainbridge, I will make a point to stay at the Commodore Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Very clean, comfortable and quiet B & B. The owners are very accomodating and thoughtful and the breakfast is fit for a king.
Best place to stay in Bainbridge!
mike

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed June 27, 2005

Our family stayed at the Commodore B&B on the way from Atlanta to the Gulf Coast. This B&B was excellent and worth the extra $$ vs. staying at the local Days Inn or Jamison.

Service was great as was the cook-to-order breakfast. The B&B is within walking distance of downtown, which had a nice restaurant.

There wasn't a lot going on in Bainbridge but we were only looking for a nice, quiet place to stay and found it at the Commodore.

5  Thank M_from_Atlanta