“Unfrair Cancelation”

Commodore Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Commodore Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Bainbridge B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“Unfrair Cancelation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I made a reservation on October 14 for the night of October 29. On October 21, our plans changed and we are no longer needing the room. I called and canceled the reservation and the lady said I would have to pay on-half of the room charges. She said her policy was to charge one-half of room charges if cancelled within 30 days. I advised her that she told me on October 14 that if I canceled within 48 hours of October 29 she would only refund one-half of the charges. I told her I would not pay the one-half of the charges, because that was not what I was told when I made the reservation. She became very irate.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Gerald M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Athens, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband had a class reunion and we stayed at the Commodore for two nights. We were very happy with everything. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom very spacious, the bedroom was large with all you could need. Also, the rooms are very quiet with wonderful large windows.

Kathryn makes a delicious breakfast each day! We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mcpamjj
Covington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I had a business trip to South Georgia and I cringed when Kayak.com showed only low end motels. However, one of the places on the list was the Commodore B&B in Bainbridge so I booked it. And I'm so glad I did. The historic (1840) inn was enchanting from the outside as well as inside. The entire place was neat as a pin. My room had a clean fresh scent that greeted me every time I walked in. The bed was perfect, the pillows just right and the sheets were high thread count cotton. I couldn't have asked for better and I've stayed at many 5 star properties around the world at a far higher price. What topped the experience was breakfast in the morning. The china was real, so were the napkins. This was not a standard continental breakfast, we had fresh eggs, fresh fruit, a side of meat and the most amazing, a home made cheese danish. And the Innkeeper was truly delightful to talk to. I will definitely be back. A really great value! The Commodore is within walking distance (3 blocks) of the downtown square and has secure off-street parking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank rosietomato
Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife and I spent the weekend here and really enjoyed it. You could spend days discussing the history of the antiques throughout the house. The beds have good soft pillows so you can leave yours at home. You are in walking distance to downtown. Great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alkyne2005
Atlantic Beach, Fla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

I had a business trip to Bainbridge last month that I was dreading due to apparent lack of nice accommodations. Granted, I am a bit spoiled, having stayed the prior week at a Ritz Carlton and being Platinum at Marriott (with usual upgrades). Despite one or two "off reviews" I called and made a reservation at the Commodore.
What a great surprise! I was greeted as soon as I drove into the gated parking area. How wonderful not to have worry about car security.
Then I walked into the B & B. I was very impressed. The decorations are many, and very tasteful, all in keeping with the theme of this great older Mac Mansion. Not only was check in easy, but Quinton detailed the local eateries with detailed inside information.
The Red Room in which I stayed was large with very comfortable bed. The room was very quiet. Full satellite TV gave an impressive choice of stations. Bathroom was right across, and very large. Everything was super clean.
This is an oasis in rural SW GA. Not only are the owners very conversational, but very well traveled and most interesting. I have already booked again, this time bringing my wife & her mother. I can think of no higher compliment for an establishment.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Ontheroadagiain
Pens874271
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

Recently, I had the pleasure of staying at the most beautiful, historical home in Bainbridge, Ga. The inn keepers are wonderful people who ensure that everything is perfect and you are very comfortable during your stay. The home is lavishly decorated and the landscaping is lovely. I highly recommend this Bed&Breakfast if you want to
relax and feel at ease. The Commodore receives 5 stars from me!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Pens874271
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

I stay at the Commodore B&B everytime I go to Bainbridge Ga. I LOVE this place. I love swimming in the pool...although everytime I go, I seem to bring the rain, but I have gotten to swim a few times while I've been there. I love sitting on the front porch, it takes me back in time and they have a screened in back porch for when the bugs are out. I feel safe when I stay there, I'm warmly greeted when I come home from work and I'm sent on my way in the mornings with a very good breakfast in my stomach. They make sure I eat!!! I love to listen to the stories the owners tell about the history of the town and house. I hate going out of town, but I truly look forward to each visit I have at the Commodore. I've never called that I did not get a reservation and the owners make me feel like a true southern bell when I'm there. IF I could rate this B&B a 10 I would. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to stay there. I keep thinking some day I'll get to go there just for rest and relaxation!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Hampton Inn Bainbridge
#3 of 4 in Quincy
Palmer Motel
Palmer Motel
#6 of 7 in Bainbridge

Been to Commodore Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!