“small step away from very good”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bainbridge
atlanta, ga
“small step away from very good”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

What was that step? Bathroom smell. When I walked into the bathroom, which looked very clean, it had a slight-to-moderate smell of urine. Otherwise, it looked nice and updated with a toilet that appeared clean but there needs to be a little better attention to detail. Were it not for this and a few other minor points, I would give this place 5 circles.

Upon arrival, the printer wasn't working well so I had to come back to sign for the room. Next problem was that the room access card was not working. I had to go back down to get it fixed.

The room has a larger sized mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee maker--a bit more than the standard rooms. Space was a good size. Bed, room decor, furnishings were all nice. Room itself smelled fine. Hotel TV is standard cable so you don't always end up at the hotel channel when turning it on--nice bonus.

Room AC was a touch loud but nothing terrible. Also the fan in the bathroom has a timer type system on it so that when you turn off the lights, it still takes a minute or so for the fan to turn off. And the fan was kind of loud also. Shower pressure seemed a little weak but again, nothing excessive.

All in all, for the price, this place was good. A few changes and it could be a very nice room in any city. For what it's worth, my colleague stayed at an inn very nearby and said it was a rough place to stay to say the least.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear tantheman,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the bathroom has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
East Point, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and family stayed here for our family reunion. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was so good that I tipped the lady in charge of keeping it stocked. The heated pool was a treat for our 10 year old granddaughter. When we weren't at family activities, we were at the indoor pool. Great location too: across the road from WalMart and other restaurants and at highway exit.

Room Tip: Cookies in lobby are to die for. We use to stay at Jameson Inn next door, but they were bought out b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank beverlyh482
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a very typical HI Express. The rooms are clean and there are a couple of restaurants within easy walking distance.

The HI breakfast is just okay. I never really understood the HI ad campaign touting their breakfast as the breakfast foods are really just like any other hotel in this class. I watched the person working the breakfast area wipe tables off onto the carpet. Yuk!

The room could have used some touch up paint where suitcases have banged against walls.

The front desk staff was very friendly.

Our room had a refrigerator. Not sure if this is standard for all of the rooms but I really appreciate it when a hotel has one.

No USA today delivery.

Room Tip: If you get a room in the back, you will not have the bright floodlights shining into the room at nig...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SoWhat45
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Weekend stay at a standard HI Express hotel. Able to get the king with pull out bed which gave the kids their half of the room. In front of Walmart so good location.
Only downside was pool heater didn't work and pancake maker was out of order. Other than that it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was overall very satisfied. The room was clean, breakfast was good (for the US). The noisy fan in the bathroom that would turn on every time I passed the door and could not be turned off unnerved me a little (Europeans are not used to these noisy things that don't seem to bother Americans). The fitness studio was very small and had only a stepper and bicycle, no weights to lift, which I had expected.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for one week for a work trip. I did not check out because I had no other hotel to stay at. This place made my skin crawl. The room appeared to be clean, but wasn't because I found a used coffee cup under my ac unit. The bathroom looked clean but smelled a little like pee. The pillows were comfortable, but I woke up with a few bug bites. I don't know if I was bitten by Mosquitos or if the place had bugs. My coworkers also stayed here and said that their rooms were not cleaned properly. The only okay part was the breakfast. It had standard choices and the usual cinnamon rolls which are good. The treadmills in the workout room are terrible. They feel like they are a out to fall apart when you get on. The indoor pool looked clean, but I did not have a chance to get in. The hotel is located right in front of walmart and there are a couple of restaurants, but it is bainbridge, so you are limited.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Karmiin,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness of your room. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Menlo, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is fairly new and quite pleasant. Our room was super clean and comfortable, and very modern. The breakfast was just what one would expect, with both hot and cold choices. We did feel that the room was overpriced for it's location. Bainbridge is a small town with few choices of places to stay. This is the only hotel I would consider spending the night in there. We paid well over $100 for one night and it just seemed excessive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Hampton Inn Bainbridge
#1 of 2 in Donalsonville
Hampton Inn Quincy
Hampton Inn Quincy
#1 of 2 in Quincy

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge? Share your experiences!