“Best / Only decent place to stay in town”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bainbridge
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Best / Only decent place to stay in town”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in area this hotel is pretty much the best place you will find; although that is not saying much. The hotel is very proud of there night hotel price, which it can charge based upon the lack of choices in the area. The Wifi connection speed is slow but that could be because of the occupancy of the hotel. The lobby area is nice and breakfast is decent and my room came with a complementary half full jug of orange juice from the previous guest. Also, it looks like a Jackson Pollack painting on the wall above the luggage stand where previous other guest have stayed.

Room Tip: The hotel books often due to frequent tennis tournaments and fishing tournaments. Try to book your h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Alan K,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am glad you like the accommodations and breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the internet service. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I just stayed one night, but I was impressed. Everything was how it should be. Very clean, modern design, nice beds, flat panel tv, good breakfast. Definately worth the extra money over the neighboring hotels.

• Stayed March 2013
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Definitely one of the nicest hotels in the area. I had a suite which was just perfect for my needs for my extended stay. I loved the in-room fridge, microwave & coffee maker. It's always great to have a separate couch/sitting area. TV & Wi-fi worked perfectly. They serve a very yummy and free breakfast downstairs. (One of the best breakfasts around. No need to go out!) The gals who took care of the breakfast were very pleasant and did a great job. I do wish these Southern chains would stop with the Faux News on common area TVs. (I was told it was a directive from the hotel's corporate headquarters.) Local news would be more appropriate, Holiday Inn! I did encounter a bug in my room one night & had to ask to have the room sprayed. I don't know if it ever was or not. Staff service was spotty. The gentleman who checked us in (manager?) was very attentive & accommodating. He seemed to be there a lot and did a great job! The young girls who worked the front desk could improve. One was more interested in visiting with her friend in the breakfast room and one had her kid in the lobby. I wouldn't have a problem if it didn't impede on their job performance. If you can't leave your friend to walk over to the front desk or just get up and walk over to the customer who is asking you a question, then you have a problem. And reported spills can't just sit in the elevator. Thankfully, I didn't require their service too much but we did have a large party and others were a little put out. The pool was closed so they were sending people to the Y. Good thing I didn't have time to use it. They did have a washer and dryer onsite. And walk across the parking lot and there's a liquor store, gas station and some restaurants. Wal-Mart and other stores are across the highway.There's a Seminole Wind restaurant in walking distance too but only go there if you don't mind companies who post bible verses on dry-erase boards at the front entrance preaching hate in the name of God. But I digress... this is the South afterall. Overall, I would still recommend this hotel. It was a welcome addition and much needed. Great breakfast, nice rooms and one of the best hotels around. *Surprisingly not cheap for the area though.

Room Tip: Suites with the extra separate bedroom are set up very oddly. They should have an additional bathroo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at this nicely maintained 4 story Holiday Inn Express, with elevator, during early March, 2013. The staff was efficient, helpful, but not overly warm or enthusiastic. The room had a king bed, a very good bed, microwave, refrigerator, extra pillows, bedding, hair dryer, modest flat screen TV, and free wireless internet, all the expected amenities.There was a nice indoor pool but the hot tub was 'broken' and not available. The room was clean and the price was very reasonable for the brand. We would recommend this inn and would stay there again if in the area. It met our expectations in every respect but was not any more than we expected of the brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, IL
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After checking in, I tried WI-FI and it didn't work. I called the front desk and was told that they were trying to fix it. I called again and got another excuse. Finally they told me it might be fixed by the next day. It wasn't. The indoor pool looked nice but it wasn't working either. They said I could go to the local Y, which was nice, but it didn't seem practical. Breakfast in the morning was really good with lots of good selections, but when many people got there, they ran out of stuff, including coffee. It took a little while for the coffee but why should we have to wait when they have four coffee urns? It was clean as are most hotels and the soap smelled good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Chuckospringpatch,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I apologize that you had some items that are not working in the room. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the internet connection has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hands down, the Holiday Inn Express is the best night's rest in Bainbridge - especially for business travelers. After staying at another hotel nearby and having a horrible experience, I was so glad for the accommodating staff of Holiday Inn to make my stay a win! The breakfast area is kept very clean and has a nice selection of items. If you're traveling to Bainbridge, do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
UNIONTOWN, OH
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at a couple of the other hotels in Bainbridge prior to the Holiday Inn Express opening and there is no comparison. This is a new hotel in the area and it is definitely the nicest. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. My room had a refrigerator and a microwave. I was disappointed that there were only 4 hangers in my closet and the refrigerator in my room was very noisy. The hotel was sold out one of the nights so book early.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Hampton Inn Bainbridge
EconoLodge Donalsonville
EconoLodge Donalsonville
#1 of 2 in Donalsonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Quincy I-10

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge? Share your experiences!