“OK, but not Great!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blackstones Reef And Grill - CLOSED

Blackstones Reef And Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Blackstones Reef And Grill. Blackstones serves up Zephyrhills finest foods. At Blackstones every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We serve only the choicest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables and our Bavarian Honey Wheat Mini Loaves of bread that are baked fresh daily. Our award winning menu and attention to detail, create a truly enjoyable dining experience.
Florida
“OK, but not Great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband is not a big fan of garlic and they seem to put it in everything. The salmon is good along the white fish, and ribs. The salad bar is ok. The cole slaw on the salad bar is real good now. I wish that they had oval plates for the salad bar and I have not been impressed with any of the soups that they have offered on the salad bar. The salad bar could be organized better. For instance, all the ingredients that you would put in a salad by the lettuce vs putting potato salad and cole slaw there. It seems disorganized to me. The staff seems nice, but some times it takes a while to get your food. Nice atmosphere if you want a nice dinner out.

Visited November 2012

Odessa, Florida
“Pretty darn good place for a small town Saturday night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've been here many times while it was John's and now Blackstone and I'm also baffled by some of the negative revues posted here. I'll just assume they were "one-timers" who were in a bad mood.

The food is always good. I'm not a salad eater but I love the soups and my wife claims this is the best salad bar for many miles in any direction. The steak and seafood is all wonderful; the service friendly and attentive.

They also have that wonderful nationally broadcast trivia game available in the lounge. It's free: just ask the bartender for a game box and give it a try. A lot of the regulars there play and enjoy having new people join in. It's a lot of fun!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Bob B
Zephyhillls
“The Best Home Town Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have a standing Reservation for our Church members. after church we all meet at the restaurant for a Fantastic meal. Also a way of continuing the fellowship that we have with all of the members of Crosslight Church. Five for Five is one of the Best Values in Town.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank JerryD39707
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Bland food, dinner expensive for the quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Had seafood and steak for dinner. Neither were seasoned before cooking. The parsley flakes they sprinkle on apparently were supposed to make you think the chef had culinary training. Scallops were mushy and so gross I could not even eat them. Even the baked potato was not good. It tasted like it had been reheated from the day before. The salad bar included with dinner was the only thing I liked. We will not be going back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RHIANNON G
Lakeland, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was a truly a pleasurable experience of the senses. Having heard about Blackstone's from friends we drove the worthwhile 25 miles to get there and we were not disappointed. The unbelievable freshness and choices on the salad bar was a first in recent memory. The menu options made making a decision on what to choose for dinner somewhat difficult but with the advise of the owner we made our choice. The 14 Ounce Rib Eye Steak was mouth watering with every bite. Dessert of raspberry lemon cake was a delight on the palate. Tasting one of my companion's Pasta with scallops leaves you wanting more, I'm glad we have leftovers on that , because I finished it off the next day and it was even better. The lingering flavors on your tongue was scrumptious. OMG!

And to have all this and live 50's doo wop music to dance to was the icing on the cake. Not to mention the smooth tasting Pinot Moir, that we had two bottles among the 3 of us.

Like I said We can't wait to get back there. A must do for a great evening. Goodbye chain restaurants.

• Visited June 2012