“Fantastic Food and Service!”
Review of Piccola Italia

Piccola Italia
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Zephyrhills
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here with my Grandparents who were here from out of town. Food was excellent, the waitress was very nice and accommodating, and we all agreed it was a great place to eat. All employees at this restaurant were very nice.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Was seated at table and waited 15 mins before anyone came over. Salad came was way overloaded with dressing. Calzone was very short of cheese and the chicken parm was short on chicken but loaded with sauce. Wont be back anytime soon.

2  Thank Ranquin
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have found Piccola to be the best Italian in Zephyrhills so far. Not great but good food, good service, good prices. Seem to always be busy, we have tried some other local Italian restaurants that were lacking. We have not yet tried their pizza, but have heard very good things and they look delicious.

1  Thank Maine04428
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our first time at Piccola Italia. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The food was fantastic. The tiramisu was out of this world. It's very difficult to find great tiramisu. I would have never expected to find it here. The atmosphere was great. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to dinner here on a recent trip to visit relatives. My expectations for food in Zephyrhills was fairly low, but I was looking forward to trying this place as it is locally owned and not a chain. We were there on a Monday night and it was very busy. It is an awkward wait for a table because they do not have a vestibule or waiting area so you are left standing right next to the tables where people are dining. Our wait was relatively short, and we were seated at a nice booth toward the back. It is one large open room, and I agree with other reviews that the atmosphere is not great. The restaurant is very crowded with tables very close together. They are so close that even the wait staff had problems navigating. This was illustrated to us when the waiter for the table next to us dumped an iced tea on a customer. Other than that incident, I will say that the staff was very friendly, helpful, and were working hard to serve everyone. The salad was just average, some lettuce with a few vegetables. For dinner, I had the lasagna. The highlight was definitely the sauce. Very rich, meaty, and flavorful. The lasagna itself was a bit boring. Heavy on the cheese but not a lot of flavor. It was definitely saved by the sauce. The garlic bread was probably below average. It reminded me of the garlic toast you buy in the frozen food section of the grocery store. All in all I think this place is worth a visit if you are in the area, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a destination restaurant.