“Good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have found Piccola to be the best Italian in Zephyrhills so far. Not great but good food, good service, good prices. Seem to always be busy, we have tried some other local Italian restaurants that were lacking. We have not yet tried their pizza, but have heard very good things and they look delicious.

1  Thank Maine04428
There are newer reviews for Piccola Italia

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was our first time at Piccola Italia. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The food was fantastic. The tiramisu was out of this world. It's very difficult to find great tiramisu. I would have never expected to find it here. The atmosphere was great. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to dinner here on a recent trip to visit relatives. My expectations for food in Zephyrhills was fairly low, but I was looking forward to trying this place as it is locally owned and not a chain. We were there on a Monday night and it was very busy. It is an awkward wait for a table because they do not have a vestibule or waiting area so you are left standing right next to the tables where people are dining. Our wait was relatively short, and we were seated at a nice booth toward the back. It is one large open room, and I agree with other reviews that the atmosphere is not great. The restaurant is very crowded with tables very close together. They are so close that even the wait staff had problems navigating. This was illustrated to us when the waiter for the table next to us dumped an iced tea on a customer. Other than that incident, I will say that the staff was very friendly, helpful, and were working hard to serve everyone. The salad was just average, some lettuce with a few vegetables. For dinner, I had the lasagna. The highlight was definitely the sauce. Very rich, meaty, and flavorful. The lasagna itself was a bit boring. Heavy on the cheese but not a lot of flavor. It was definitely saved by the sauce. The garlic bread was probably below average. It reminded me of the garlic toast you buy in the frozen food section of the grocery store. All in all I think this place is worth a visit if you are in the area, but I certainly wouldn't consider it a destination restaurant.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Great Italian food was extremely busy line was long but we only waited about 10 minutes and once seated had our drinks and salads in about 5 minutes. Make sure to check out the specials but all the food was great.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

A great place with great food. Went there last night with friends who were visiting for the week, service was good, friendly waitress. Wish we had a place like this at home. They will make your dish to your exact wants, portions are big unless you order from the senior menue. Prices were excellent!