“We loved it and we'll come again”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Zephyrhills
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“We loved it and we'll come again”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The service was excellent and the staff was very polite and helpful. The room was emaculate and just enough space and the appliances was the best. The location was nice not far to go to store and the laundry facilities right there on the premises. The thing i like best the key entry system. The least was breakfast not long enough. I would refer other people to use your facilities. Had a wonderful stay and we thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GrgDowney, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
We want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to reveiw Microtel Inn and Suites of Zephyrhills, Florida. We are glad that we provided you with an excellent stay and you found everything conviently located close to Microtel. I am sorry that breakfast seemed to be to short , but we will take your comments to help us improve our service of our free delux continental breakfast. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Zephyrhills.
Georgia Downey General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
illinois
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We have stayed at the MICROTEL for several nights to visit family in the area, this was our second time in 3 years. I never even considered looking for another hotel this time. It is clean and the people are very friendly. It is handy to many places to eat and shop, the breakfast is a nice treat if you don't want to go out early. There is a Ruby Tuesday right out the back door that is very good. Any time we're in Zephyrhills we'll be back!! Can't beat the price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GrgDowney, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
We are so pleased that you loved your stay at Microtel of Zephyrhills and I want to thank you or taking your time to tell fellow traveleres about your stay. We believe our location is one of our top selling points and that you were able to take advantage of our great location. We are proud that we provide excellent guest service to all of our guest during their stay. Hope to see you soon. Georgia Downey
zephyrhills
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Our hotel was clean, and the staff was courteous. Tammy, Latrese, Anglea and Jacqueline greeted us with a smile. The staff displayed "Southern Hospitality" the art of being gracious to all their visitors. I will use microtel again.
Rosemary Kita

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GrgDowney, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
We are so glad the our "Southern Hospitality" made your stay at Microtel Inn and Suites of Zephyrhills, a great experience. I want to thank you for taking your valueable time to write a review about your stay. We will make sure that Jacqueline, Latrese, Tammy and Angela know that their gracious serivce was notice by your family. We hope to welcome you back again and provide you with down home atmosphere and maybe some good southern biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Georgia Downey General Manager
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 19, 2011

a.k.a. ZephyrHills, you can't go wrong with this spot. It is smackdab in the middle of a sweltering parking lot between a Lowes and a Walmart. But really, it's Zephyrhills, that is about as awesome as the scenery gets there. The folks working the front desk are really quite friendly, and the free breakfast includes bagels, 3 dry cereal selections with milk, fruits, toaster-type waffles, muffins, and juice. The AC struggled a bit against the heat, but I won't blame the hotel, I'll blame Suffer Hills.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GrgDowney, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
We are proud that we provided you with excellent service while you were our guest. I hope on your next visit to Zephyrhills you will contact me and maybe I can direct you to some pointes of interest in our city. We at Microtel of Zephyhrills always want to do our best to make you feel at home.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We recently stayed for a quick family visit. I was worried it would not be clean but was pleasantly surprised to find it was very clean from the reception area to the room and pool area. I ended up having my grandchildren spending the night with us in our suite and the staff, Latrese and Michael, were very helpful in making sure we had everything we needed. Michael printed our boarding passes for our return flight the night before our departure. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay there on all our return visits

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
chasedaron, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey regarding our hotel. We utilize these surveys to ensure we are staffing our hotels with only the most helpful people. We take great pride in offering the best value and guest experience with each visit. Every day, our staff ensures each guest receives first-rate service. Our detail oriented room attendants verify each room meets all cleanliness expectations. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide such an accurately descriptive review of our hotel. We look forward to sharing our welcoming hospitality with you in the future!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is a little pricer for this area. The hotel staff is great and always helpful with anything you need. breakfast is good and rooms are clean.I've stayed here several times, and will again next year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
GrgDowney, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your stay at Microtel Inn and Suites, Zephyrhills, Florida. We are glad that we provided you with great guest service and look forward to your next visit to Zephyrhills. We want to always make you fell like you at home in hotel.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Because the home where my elderly mother lives in South florida was being 'tented' (covering a house with a huge tent and releasing poison to kill termites) I decided to take her on a little Florida road-trip to see relatives in Ft Pierce and Zephyrhills. Made reservations for a handicap accessible room, but did not guarantee them as the Microtel in Zephyrhills for two nights. Was convinced we'd be there long before 6pm. My mother's visit to the Ft Pierce relatives delayed our trip towards the Tampa area. When it hit me that we'd passed our check-in time around 7pm the cellphone rang. It was the hotel (Letesha from the front desk) just confirming whether we were going to make it in this evening. They didn't want to release that special access room if we were going to make it. I was floored in amazement that they would take the time to check on our progress. I thought wow that was service.

Location:
The Microtel is about 25 minutes northeast of Tampa is a small town feel community. It's on highway 301 and located at the front of a shopping center with a Super Wal-Mart in it. Across the street is a Publix grocery store shopping center with various shops. No major restaurants, but there are plenty of smaller restaurants nearby.

Exterior:
The hotel was not fancy on the outside. But the grounds were clean, the building was well-kept. Parking was plentiful and the area was such that you have good visibility of the main parking lot area even at night.

Lobby:
Was relatively small and basic, but it was well lit and the furnishings were slightly upscale. The front desk clerk was the one I'd spoken to on the phone and was genuinely concerned about making sure my mother had adequate facilities.

Room:
When traveling with my mom I usually carry a 'tub chair' because it can be difficult for her to stand in a regular tub or steady in a shower. This room had a special set of louvers on the top edge of the tub that could be rolled out and it formed a perfect seat. The tub chair takes up half the trunk, I could have left that home.
There were two queen size beds, in a room with a nice amount of light. Those beds were nicely cushioned and sleeping wasn't a problem for me. My mother found it difficult to reorient herself because she sleeps with her head to the right. The housekeeper the next day made the bed up with the pillows at the foot of the bed. Momma slept like a log that night.
The room was medium size with a small table and the quality of the furnishing was high end budget, not the really cheap stuff. The carpet was clean and looked relatively new, although I didn't ask its age. The big door of the bathroom made getting the walker in and out.
There was a safe in the room and although the air conditioning unit was a little noisy, it was quite tolerable. Internet access was free and the signal was strong. However, I notice that it seem to time me out if I were not constantly active online. It was a fast wi-fi signal, for I was able to watch a netflix video on my netbook.

Other Items:
Breakfast was complimentary. But like many of this type I would not write home about it. In fact, we zipped over to the Village Inn restaurant in Zephyrhills to have breakfast. It was cheap and good.

Oh yes, the Hillsborough River Park is only about 15 minutes away.

Yes, I was impressed by the service. But the hotel itself at about $63 a night was definitely worth the money if you are in the Zephyrhills, Land O Lakes, San Antonio, FL areas. If you don't need to be closer to the beach resort areas and you don't mind a little 30 to 40 minute ride to the beaches, well then this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011
GrgDowney, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
First I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write an indepth review about your stay at Microtel Inn in Zephyrhills. I am glad that our great team members provided you exceptional service and met all of the special needs for your mother. You can see why our hotel was selected Hotel of The Year for 2010, because employees that are willing to go the extra mile. We want to make people feel at home by providing a good breakfast, free internet , phone and at a great value. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon and thank you for choosing Microtel.

Georgia Downey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zephyrhills
Ramada Zephyrhills
Best Western Wesley Chapel
Best Western Wesley Chapel
#3 of 8 in Wesley Chapel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brooksville

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills? Share your experiences!