“Not Just a Good Seafood Restaurant!”
Review of Gordon's of Maine - CLOSED

Gordon's of Maine
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been to this restaurant at least once a week since they have opened. I could not believe that I would ever order anything but seafood at a seafood restaurant,but they had their rib eye steaks featured on Friday night. When we walked in they smelled fabulous and I could not resist ordering one. I thought to myself this is a mistake, but boy was I wrong! It was as good as the aroma when we walked in the door. Cooked to PERFECTION! We always order medium rare and it is surprising how many steak houses can NOT get it right and here is a seafood restaurant that got it perfect. Another aspect of this restaurant that I really like is your meal is all inclusive. All dinners come with choice of soup, salad (a little on the small side), or chowder(Maine chowda in other words thin NOT thick). I like thick, but theirs has such good flavor and a lot of clams that I always order the chowder. The dinner also comes with a choice of potatoe and a side or in my case, since I don't eat a potato, I order 2 sides, your bread and your choice of drink of tea or coffee and also you get a choice of pudding at the end. I don't care for the 1 pudding that has Grapenut cereal as the topping, but it seems like alot of other people do. Being inclusive makes it real easy to know what your bill will be for calculating the tip as you only have to add sales tax. The staff is friendly and helpful. The chefs are true Chefs. My husband ordered fried pork chops and he could cut them with a fork. He offered me a taste and now I want to go back and get some for myself as they were the most moist and tender fried pork chops that I have ever had out. My husband got 2 large pork chops when he ordered them and a plateful of pot roast when he ordered that. My problem is their seafood is soo good also. I really enjoy the shrimp!! There was a problem on Valentine's Day. It seemed very disfunctional, but the owner Lisa seems to have gotten that resolved! I told her at the time that if we had not been there before we wouldn't have ever returned, but knowing how great all the food is that we would be back. They have acquired some new waitressess that seem to know how to waitress. In fact, I named one zippy as she zipped around taking good care of the customers. There is not 1 thing on that menu that I would not recommend. My husband did have carrots with his steak the other night and said that they were very bland and I would have to agree as he had me taste them. That surprised me. Whether you are in the mood for seafood or regular down home cooking, Gordon's of Maine is where you want to go! I do have to warn you that seating is VERY LIMITED!!! However, I did hear that they do have room to expand if necessary and I would recommend that they do that as last Friday it was a continous turnover on booths and tables. My husband said that he could probably eat there almost every night as he could switch between seafood and the home cooked meals. If in Zephyrhills, DO stop there for dinner as they are only open from 3 p.m. to I think 7 p.m. I think they are open until 8 on Fridays, but call to verify. At this time they are closed on Mondays and not open for lunch, but they just opened 5 or 6 weeks ago. DO ENJOY!!! GREAT JOB CHEFS!!!

2  Thank MichelleFlorida