“Love Sonny's”

Dining options: Takeout
Zephyrhills, Florida, United States
“Love Sonny's”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pork BBQ is out of this world. Tender and jucy. The ribs are also the best around. Clean restaurant, great food and great service

Visited July 2013

Brandon, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rip Off!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This Sonny's overcharged me on my order in the amount of $10.00 which I did not realize until after leaving the restaurant. For 3 months I have been trying to get them to refund the overcharge. They acknowledged the overcharge and blamed it on a new employee not knowing what she was doing - poor training I surmise. They said it would be too difficult for them to simply refund the difference to my credit card. I have been promised gift cards and refund checks and have received neither. I finally disputed the transaction with my financial institution and they told me today that Sonny's was giving them the same run around they had given me for months. My financial institution has decided it was not worth any more of their time and refunded the money themselves taking the loss to show good customer service - something Sonny's could learn a lesson about. Based on this horrible experience, I will never patronize this eatery again! In my book, they are thieves.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cheryl H
SonnysBBQ, Guest Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
As an update to your review, Cheryl - we want to note that we looked into what happened and provided you with a $10 gift card. And then when hearing from you the gift card might have not been functioning properly, we sent you a check for $10. We're sorry to hear this happened to you, and assure you it is not company policy, or something that happens regularly.
Boston, Massachusetts
“A MUST GO IN ZEPHYRHILLS!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

When visiting family in the area we always make a special trip to visit Sonny's. Good atmosphere, friendly staff and good food. You won't walk away hungry here. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ, but there are enough alternative options on the menu. BBQ is very good and the portions are great. I had a Dixon Burger and it was cooked to perfection! Be warned, when you order a drink...they are HUGE! If your in the area, make sure to check out Sonny's.

• Visited June 2013
Zephyrhills, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a Winner!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our local Sonny's Restaurant is a jewel in this little town. Food tastes great, is a great value and we've always had great waiters and waitresses-very personable. We visit often.

Visited April 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Good Barbecue Eatery”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The menu has only a few pages - but this is a good sign, as they can concentrate on fewer dishes but make them right. I will definitely go there again! Pulled pork is my choice!

Visited March 2013